Sunday, June 1, 2008

Menu Plan Monday....


Last week didn't go as planned. I made a huge batch of chicken salad and we ate that a couple of nights. I also found some smoked salmon on sale while shopping, so we had bagels with smoked salmon, cream cheese, and sprouts a couple of nights. So, 3 meals were carried over to this week. We did manage to try a couple of new things, though!!

We had the lemon butter chicken and it was super yummy!! It takes a little bit of time to make it (mostly because I cut up 4 chicken breasts and there were lots and lots of pieces--I even had two skillets going!!), but we were able to get 2 dinners off of it and hubby got 2 lunches off of it!! By the way, I just used regular flour in place of the rice flour and I used cornmeal.


I also tried my hand at making homemade shortcakes. Yum!! We loved them!!


On to this week....

*=new recipe

Monday--burgers* (two kinds to choose from--blue cheese with peppers and cheddar cheese with peppers mixed in the meat), homemade buns*, tater tots, leftover strawberry shortcakes

Tuesday--grilled ham and cheese (on leftover homemade bread), tomato soup, salad, homemade soft serve ice cream*

Wednesday--steak and gravy, rice, cauliflower

Thursday--Italian steak rollups*, salad, pasta, French bread

Friday--breakfast for dinner--eggs, bacon, waffles


For more menu plan Monday fun, head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

6 Comments:

Niki Jolene said...

I love breakfast for dinner! We usually have it every week, but I just realized I forgot it this week.

:)

Sarah said...

Yum! Looks like a great menu and a great week - especially the Italian Steak rollups!

Best,
Sarah

Michelle said...

hi candi ;) i'll be over for the steak and gravy dinner is that ok? yum.have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm...I like Grilled Cheese with tomato Soup. Yum! The Italian Steak roll-ups sound pretty good too. This "Menu Plan Monday" is a blessing and a curse. I love seeing what everyone makes, but then I don't get to eat any of it. LOL!

Tammy said...

That chicken looks super yummy and I just printed the recipe out.

Seriously, do you realize half of what I cook these days comes from your blog? lol!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm.....Brings back memories of my summers growing up, we'd have fresh strawberry shortcakes, with mountains of whipped cream.