Sunday, June 1, 2008

Delicious!!


I ran across this strawberry shortcakes recipe (I think it was on someone's MPM, but I don't remember where) and decided to give it a try. I guess there is something that I like about summer after all---FRUIT!!

It says to use a food processor, but I don't have one. I used my blender, but it didn't work perfectly. I had to open the top and scrape the mixture from the sides to help it all get mixed together. Then I added the milk and it really just became a big mess when I tried to blend it. At that point I just ended up using a spoon to mix it up as best I could. Once I did that, I continued on with the recipe as written. I read a review that said their's burned in 25 minutes, so I set my timer for 20 minutes to check them. They were perfect!!

We all enjoyed these!! Even though they were a pain to make with the blender, I'll do it again---they are worth it!!

3 Comments:

Christi said...

It looks awesome... I love strawberry shortcakes!

Audra said...

Those look so good! Maybe we'll try them soon. Sounds like you have been a baking queen!

Gina said...

I've made strawberry or raspberry shortcakes at least once a week for the last month but I'm still looking for the perfect shortcake recipe. The berries are easy but the cakes I've used are either too heavy or too spongy. I'll have to try this one. Thanks!