Monday, June 9, 2008

I found this funny....


Today our van was sitting on empty and Costco was at the top of our list of errands so that we could get gas. It was so low, I was seriously afraid we'd run out while we waited in line. I guess Sunday is the day to fill up the tank. Our Costco must have 8 or so "lanes" with two pumps each and each lane had 5-6 cars in it. We chose the lane on the far right and that put us at #5 in line. Well, since we were on the far right, we were also beside the parking lot to go into Costco. There is a little side entrance there, but they had it blocked off because the line of cars extended past it. Well, some lady decided that she didn't care that it was blocked off...she was going to pull through anyway! As a side note, I HATE when people do things like this---like they are better than everyone else and they don't have to follow rules (makes living in the D.C. area a real challenge)!! Anyway, we were #3 in line and #1 in line had just finished pumping. I saw the lady pulling in from the side starting to pull forward (I was driving). I told hubby that she was about to try to cut in front of me. He said, "Oh no she isn't" and opened his door---blocking the path to drive through...LOL!! She starts to roll her window down and motions ahead like she is just going to pull all the way through. Hubby closes his door to let her go through. She gets past #2 in line who is still pumping his gas and starts to back in to the first pump. OH I DON'T THINK SO!! It wasn't as if she was just cutting in front of us...by now, there are 5 people in the lane behind us!! Well, before we could even get out of the van to say something to her or the Costco employee, the guy in the #2 position talks to the Costco employee--telling her the lady pulled through the cones and cut in line. The Costco lady apparently tells her she cant do that and the guy in #2 position turns to me with a big smile and two thumbs up!!! I just found it so funny. Here we were all in line to pay near $4 per gallon and by golly, we weren't about to let anyone cut in front of us to pay our $3.86 per gallon!!! As a side note, the station around the corner for $3.92 was completely empty!!

5 Comments:

Michelle said...

lol candi ;-) the nerve of the woman...

Christi said...

Ah, $3.86. Such a fond memory (we're at $4.05).

Good for you (and #2 guy) - I'm so glad you didn't let her get away with that!

Audra said...

I'm not sure what makes people think they can do whatever they want. I hate that too. We are at $3.99 here. We seem to always be higher.

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Oh how I hate people that think they can break rules. Thank goodness people stood up and did not allow her to get away with it (you included).

Ugh, today I bought gas at the place where I purchased my car. Thanks to that I was able to get it at $4.07, but most places are already well over $4.20 - sick!

Tammy said...

Oh, this is a great post!