Monday, May 26, 2008

Menu Plan Monday...


Last week we didn't use two of our meals, so we are carrying them over to this week. The buffalo chicken chili mac makes a huge amount for us, so we ate that several times. I think we get FOUR meals out of it, but we love it, so that's a good thing!! We didn't have the sour cream noodle bake until last night (Sunday) and it also makes a huge amount, so we'll eat that again and have it for lunches!!

Speaking of the sour cream noodle bake, we really liked it. I wasn't sure if Logan would, but he gobbled it up. He loves pasta, so I shouldn't be too surprised, but I did have to pick the meat out for him. I cheated and used cottage cheese with chives in it!




I also made the Hawaiian bread yesterday. It is good, but it doesn't really taste like King's Hawaiian bread to us. Perhaps I did something wrong, but it was more dense than King's is. I also think I slightly over-baked it. I baked it for 40 minutes, so next time I will check it around 30-35 minutes. That's alright, because we still liked it!!




*=new recipe

Monday--leftovers (sour cream noodle bake, salad, bread)

Tuesday--lemon butter chicken*, spaetzle, salad, homemade soft serve ice cream*

Wednesday--steak and gravy, rice, cauliflower

Thursday--Italian steak rollups*, salad, pasta, French bread

Friday--breakfast for dinner--eggs, bacon, waffles


For more menu plan Monday fun, head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked the sour cream noodle bake. Your buffalo chicken mac looks really good. I will have to try it out next week!

Audra said...

It sounds delicious! I may have to try the sour cream noodle bake. I think I might be able to sneak the cottage cheese past John. Unless he reads this comment...