Sunday, June 8, 2008

Menu Plan Monday....



After seeing the crash hot potatoes on Pioneer Woman's blog, I wanted to try them out. I ran into a couple of problems. First, I don't think I boiled my potatoes long enough. Secondly, I used this kind of potato masher and it just didn't work (Ree used this kind). It broke the potatoes up instead of just smashing them down (maybe because the potatoes weren't tender??). Anyway, now I know to boil them longer and to just smash them down with something other than my masher. So---I think the title crash landing potatoes are a bit more fitting for mine...LOL!! Regardless of the way they looked, they were super yummy!!


Last week when I typed up my menu plan, I totally forgot about a chicken recipe that I worked into the week instead of the steak roll ups. I had been wanting to try it for a while!! It is actually cooked in a paper bag! The chicken had a great flavor and we really liked it. Just a word of caution, while the skin looks brown and crisp, it didn't really crisp up--I removed the skin on mine, so it didn't really matter.



We also used our soft server ice cream maker for the first time. It was on clearance at Target a while ago and hubby bought it. The ice cream was good, but as you can see in the picture, it just didn't get very firm. Of course, the boys didn't care one bit!!


*=new recipe

Monday--leftover burgers (I made some last Monday with homemade buns and hubby made 4 more on Saturday to use up the rest of the buns), leftover homemade buns, chips

Tuesday--Italian steak rollups* (still haven't made this), salad, pasta, French bread

Wednesday--poppy seed chicken (made with leftover roasted chicken), egg noodles, steamed veggies

Thursday--steak and gravy (didn't make this last week either), rice, cauliflower

Friday--cheesy meatloaf*, buttery cooked carrots, steamed broccoli, crash hot potatoes

For more menu plan Monday fun, head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

12 Comments:

Anonymous said...

The steak rollups look very good.

Have a great week!

Michelle said...

oh the cheesy meatloaf sounds so good..have a great week..

Heather said...

Your menu looks great, and the ice cream looks Yummy!
Have a great week.

Nicole said...

I'm back! And as always your menu looks GREAT! I hope you enjoy the meatloaf... it's delish!

Christi said...

Sounds wonderful - we're definately gonna try those potatoes!

Anonymous said...

That ice cream looks delicious. I'm gonna have to break out the ice cream maker. Nothing says summer for me like homemade ice cream.

Good looking menu. :)

conley730 said...

I love the name of your blog. One of my kids says all day morning instead of all day long LOL! Menu looks great. I'm finding lots of recipes through some great blogs now.

Nicole said...

Hi Candi. I cheat and buy the instant polenta. Sometimes I add parmesan cheese- it's really good! Maybe one day I'll get brave and try to make my own. lol

The Estrogen Files said...

Looks like a yummy week. I'm trolling for ideas...

teachermomof2 said...

Looks like a great week!

Enjoy!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

thanks for reminding me of those yummy looking potatoes! I really need to add them to my menu next week.

the meatloaf recipe looks like something my husband would love. although I am not a huge fan of meatloaf, it might be just the thing to make on a night I won't be home for dinner.

Samantha said...

Candi, i made those potatoes friday night...we LOVED them! I have the same type of masher you do (only metal) and i had a problem with the first just coming up through the holes...so i got out a glass and it worked great!

the herbs i had on hand were rosemary and thyme. it was yummy!