Sunday, June 22, 2008

Menu Plan Monday....



We are trying several new things this week. Hope they turn out!

*=new recipe

Monday--green chicken enchiladas*, rice, beans, salad

Tuesday--salmon patties, simple peas*, mac and cheese

Wednesday--Thai peanut chicken*, coconut lime rice*

Thursday--juicy steak* (I have some steaks that I'm not crazy about, but don't want to throw away--thought I'd try this out), crash hot potatoes (3rd week in a row--we LOVE them), salad

Friday--red hot tuna melts, salad

******************************************************************************
Red Hot Tuna Melts

1 can (6 oz.) tuna, oil or water packed
1 T. oil
1 med. tomato, seeded, chopped (I used two roma tomatoes)
4 green onions, whites and some green, sliced
1 t. capers, optional (I left out)
2 anchovies, minced, optional (I left out)
1 heaping cup grated Jack or Cheddar sheese
4 French or sourdough rolls (any hoagie type will do)
crushed red pepper

1. Drain liquid from tuna.
2. Heat oil in skillet. Saute tomato and green onions until slightly soft.
3. Add capers and anchovies, if used. Stir in tuna. Break up.
4. Add 1/2 c. cheese and gently cook until heated through.
5. Slice rolls in half. Place cut side up on baking pan. Toast lightly under broiler.
6. Spoon tuna mixture onto each bottom half. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and crushed red pepper.
7. Broil until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
8. Serve hot with tops of rolls.

For more menu plan Monday fun, head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great week!

Anonymous said...

The menu looks good this week! And I'm still partial to Monday. LOL.

PS Let me know how the Thai Peanut Chicken turns out. It's making hungry just seen the words.

Michelle said...

ok you're the second blogger that is having hot crash potatoes this week.. must make them now!!!and the Thai Peanut Chicken sounds right up our alley or tummy!haha.
have a great week

Bird Stalker Photography said...

Your menu looks wonderful! I am going to try those crash potato's I have seen them on more blogs lately.