Monday, March 3, 2008

Menu Plan Monday...


Last week was another crazy one!! We only ate one of my planned meals and that was the enchiladas that were already prepared--go figure!! Here is what last week looked like---

Monday we went to Cheeseburger in Paradise and had a little celebration for Lucas (they sang to him and gave him ice cream). His birthday was Tuesday, but I knew we wouldn't go out again the next night. We were gone all day between my doctor's appt., lunch out, play time at the park, picking hubby up from work and then out to dinner.

Tuesday we were home all day, but hubby had a meeting after work and got home late. They were serving some snack type foods and had an open bar. Well, we rarely have anything to drink (I do even less than him--which it has been YEARS since I've had anything) and he said they spent all their money on the open bar and the food was nasty. So, I didn't cook because I thought he was eating there--the kids and I just had sandwiches.

Wednesday--took Lucas to the doctor, ran around trying to find the shower fixtures we wanted--they were on clearance and hard to find, picked hubby up from work, went grocery shopping for a few things, stopped at Target because when I shopped there last they didn't give me my two bottles of Shout that I bought (at $3.29 each I wasn't going to let it slide), then we came home and just had something quick (pretzel dogs for hubby and me--pasta that we bought from the hot food bar for Logan, leftover rice for Lucas)

Thursday--we were be home most of the day, but later headed out to pick up some new light fixtures at a place that is selling their displays. They were hooked up so we had to give them a couple of days before picking them up, picked hubby up from work, then we had to stop by for hubby to sign some paperwork for the bathroom remodel, then headed to Home Depot to purchase our tub and leave the name of the person that will pick it up, then went to an HOA meeting at the pizza place--->which no one showed up for!! (Don't even get me started on that!!)

Friday--we were home most of the day. Headed out after lunch to pick up a few party supplies and such. Met hubby at the mall rather than him taking the bus all the way home. Returned a shower fixture to Lowe's since we found the one we really wanted. Then home and made the rice and heated up the enchiladas!!

Saturday--we had a little party for Lucas--just the four of us!!



So--I'm really hoping this week goes better. I'm not sure, as we were due to start the bathroom remodel on Monday, but there is a delay due to the tiles not making it on time. They may start later in the week or next Monday. I'm not sure. I'm anxious to get them done, though!!

I've planned 30+ meals and each week we'll choose what we want to have for the week. I go grocery shopping weekly. Of those meals, I only need to purchase meat for 3 of them. I'm making an effort to keep our grocery bill down even with the prices going up and up!!

*=new recipe
Monday--Spaghetti with sausage (I'll put cooked Italian sausage in mine rather than meatballs--simply because that is what I have on hand), garlic bread, salad

Tuesday--Indian tacos*

Wednesday--pecan chicken, brown rice, steamed veggies

Thursday--Philly cheese steaks, tater tots (for the boys), salad

Friday--Pizza casserole* (using leftover sauce from Monday-->recipe below-->I'm cutting the recipe in half and using an 8x8), corn, salad

Pizza Casserole-Spread 32 oz. (4 cups) of sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle 2 c. of shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese over sauce. Place 2 cans of refrigerator biscuits (20) on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.



For more menu plan Monday fun, head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

4 Comments:

Michelle said...

HI Candi
thanks for your comments on the blog,McKenna is feeling slightly better however it's us now that are feeling sick.. ;( I hope that your meals work out this week.and I know what you mean about keeping the bill down.have a great week.

Michelle said...

hey there me again,I've posted three of the recipes on the recipe box have a great day

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday wishes to your little one.

Canadian Saver said...

You're going to be eating very well!! Love the recipes and the pics!