Thursday, March 20, 2008

7 facts about me...

I was tagged by Sarah at Mommyology to be a part of this meme. Since I recently did my 100 things about me post for my 100th post, I'm trying to come up with some new things.

Rules are:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


Here are some things about me--

1. Since my dad had custody of me, I spent a lot of time with his parents (my Nanny and Papa) while he worked. Once I was in school, my Nanny was mostly the one to care for me while I was sick. They lived in a small town in the TX panhandle with a population of around 300. They had a farm with alfala and cotton. I loved when they would bale the hay. My cousins and I built houses in the barn with the hay and had a BLAST!! Here is a picture of them on their farm...


2. My sister is 6 years older than I am and is my best friend. We talk several times a week and never seem to be at a loss of what to talk about!! She and I sound so much a like when we talk, that our own family has a hard time telling us apart when we talk to them on the phone. Once my mom was telling me all about a bed she saw for sale and I couldn't figure out why. I think I was in the 6th or 7th grade and wasn't in the market for purchasing a bed...LOL. She thought she was telling my sister, who was looking for a bed!!

3. My mom and dad had 3 kids together. I am the baby there. When I was 9, my mom had re-married and had my little sister. She has since had two more boys, so she has 3 boys and 3 girls.

4. Like Sarah, I lived in a very small town. The population was around 2500. For a long time there was only one stop light and it was a big deal when the second one was added!! There were two grocery stores to choose from and one was litterally called "The Grocery Store". The nearest mall and movie theater were 60 miles away.

5. When in the 3rd grade, we moved into the "country". In actuality, it was a very small town (less than 100 people) 7 miles from the other small town. My very best friend there was Heather. She and I had to find some interesting things to keep ourselves busy. Once we strung rope used in Hands Across America (my dad was a volunteer fireman and helped string the rope through our town) from my house to her house. We then went inside and called each other on the phone to see if the other could feel when we tugged the rope. I'd guess we lived 100 yards from each other...maybe a little more. It was pretty fun until we had to wind all that rope back up!! I lived in that little town until I finished 7th grade.

6. After growing up in such tiny towns, I absolutely love living in the suburbs of a large city!! So much to see and do!!

7. Today is sunny. The birds are chirping, the kids are playing, and the saws are humming!! We have FINALLY got the remodel of our bathroom under way!! There will be plenty of before/after pictures to come.


If they choose to play (no hard feelings if you don't), I am tagging.....

Janice
(but I see that she just did her 100th post with lots of fun facts!!)
Beth
Audra (my sister---her blog is private)
Kippy
Jenn
Angie
Julie

4 Comments:

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

I shall try to do this over the next few days. Trying to do it when half asleep does not work ;)

The Angel Forever

Angie said...

Candi! Thanks for the tag...I'll try to do it tomorrow when we get home from the great camping adventure :-)

Milk Mama said...

Sorry it took so long to get back to your blog. I just added my links to my blog. I'm sprucing it up and doing some spring cleaning so to speak. It's cool that your grandparents raised you and that you also grew up in a small town! :D I'm living in a suburb of a large city, too. I miss smaller towns, but I think now that I've lived around the city so long that I would be bored out of my mind in the country lol! :D

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Finished up my 7 Facts here. Thanks for the fun :)