Monday, March 10, 2008

Menu Plan Monday...


YAY!!! Last week we stuck to the plan and used up all of the meals planned. It did change slightly because the chicken wasn't thawed in time for dinner one night, but we just had leftovers that night and I cooked one night on the weekend. Typically I try to cook during the week and we have leftovers on the weekend.

We went to the park for a little while on Sunday and I do believe spring is around the corner!! I can't wait for the cherry blossom festival this year!!


We tried the Indian tacos and LOVED them!! We ate them two nights in a row and again on the weekend. I used one pound hamburger meat, 2 cans Ranch Style Beans, and one can water to make mine. The first night I had let the mixture get too thick, so the next night I added some water to it to thin it back out. Samantha is right---it was really good when some of the juices soaked into the bread. Now, I'm going to be asking what her guess is on the measurements for milk/flour for the bread. I made bread two nights and it was super, super sticky. Perhaps I needed more flour?? However, it seemed fine once it was fried up!! We served it with lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, sour cream, cheese, hot sauce (LOVE it!!), and salsa. We use this salsa and LOVE it (we use salsa casera)!!



One thing that I made that wasn't planned was Ree's bread pudding. OH.MY.WORD!! It is sooo good--and I would consider myself one to not like bread pudding!! It even reheats nicely!! My husband had made some bread that we weren't eating fast enough. I didn't want it to go bad, so I decided to use it in this recipe. Another change I made--I didn't have whiskey and didn't want to make a special purchase. However, I did have rum, so I used it. Tasted great to me!! I'll warn you that this is very sweet. I thought about reducing the sugar in the future, but I'm not sure that it would get caramelized the way it should. So, I'll stick to it the way it is and eat a small serving!!





So, on to this week....

*=new recipe

Monday--filet mignon with balsamic glaze*, garlic red potatoes*, Syrian green beans

Tuesday--chicken spaghetti, carrots, salad

Wednesday--pulled pork sandwiches*, beans, salad

Thursday--turkey and stuffing loaf (recipe below), green bean casserole, carrots

Friday--chili dog casserole*, fries, salad

I also made a popcorn cake (which I googled and found out Emeril's mom made it for him!!) and purchased everything to make Ree's apple dumplings. I showed the "secret" ingredient to my husband and he HAD to try them--being that he is a HUGE Mt. Dew fan. Me--I can't stand the stuff, but I'll be sure to let you know how they turn out!

Also, if you haven't already, be sure to visit my blog party and sign up for my giveaway!!

I got this recipe from an online friend. It sounds a bit odd, but we love it. I don't use canned cranberry sauce, I make my own.
Turkey and Stuffing Loaf

1.25 lbs ground turkey
1 egg
1 box of Stove Top stuffing
1 can cranberry sauce

Make stuffing according to directions on box, mix ground turkey and egg together, add cooked stuffing. Form into loaf on pan or put in loaf pan. Spread cranberry sauce on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to one hour..


For more menu plan Monday fun, head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

16 Comments:

Michelle said...

It all sounds so yummy Candi!!! how are you? have a great week.

Samantha said...

So glad you liked! We love those, as i am sure you can tell :)

if the dough was sticky, i would add a bit more flour, to where if your hands are floured well, you can pat out the dough without too much of a problem. just be sure not to overwork it and if the dough seems "hard" or tough, then it needs more liquid.... they look scrumptious!

Did you try dipping the fry bread in honey, while it is fresh and hot? that is what i used to snack on while making them...you know, "taste testing" the first batch of the dough :)

Candi said...

Samantha, I didn't. I didn't make very many each time. Don't worry. We'll have them again---and I'll be sure to make extra. I might even make a batch of bread just to have with honey--YUM!!

Anonymous said...

I think that it is great that you present the foos so beautifully and have time to photograph them! Enjoy your blog party.

teachermomof2 said...

Your menu looks great! I am going to try Ree's apple dumplings this week too!

Have a great one!

Lisa

Niki Jolene said...

The turkey and stuffing loaf sounds yummy! I will have tot ry that one sometime.

Thanks for sharing!

Connie said...

Your menu sounds so great!!

I want to go to Cherry Blossom Festival! Maybe someday.....

Have a wonderful week!

mom_of2boys said...

The Chili dog casserole sounds good. I might consider changing our plain and simple chili dogs to a casserole.

Sarah said...

Looks like a great week and a tasty menu! Those Indian tacos from last week sound tasty!

Best,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...your whole week sounds so yummy!

AnnMarie Brown said...

Sounds like a yummy week of eats you have planned there.

Anonymous said...

Delicious!

Canadian Saver said...

Your menu and your pics look great!

Anonymous said...

Your menu looks great! Indian tacos look delicious!

Are you refering to Ree of Pioneer Woman? I love her blogs!

Amanda
downhomedieting.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting the photos. The food looks yummy. Spring is finely arriving.
I have to get back "Young & the Restless" online show.

Milk Mama said...

great recipes! i bookmarked you. =)