Monday, March 31, 2008

Menu Plan Monday..


Last week we tried a new recipe for banana pudding. It was super yummy!! I didn't get a picture of it though.

I also attempted homemade rolls. I'm not a very experienced bread-maker, though. The recipe is from a lady in the town I grew up in. She used the recipe to make rolls and cinnamon rolls, so I did as well. This was my first time ever to make homemade cinnamon rolls. I'm pretty certain I got the water too hot, so the dough did not rise properly. However, the cinnamon rolls were still very tasty!! I'll post the recipe below.



I also took a picture of the Greek lemon chicken soup. We love it!! I added 2 stalks of celery plus some of the celery leaves and it was very good. Also, I've always used chicken breasts for it, but I had some leftover roasted chicken in the freezer that I used for it. It turned out very good!
We had the artichoke tomato pasta below two weeks ago and loved it!! So much so that we are having it again this week! I bought a large jar of artichoke hearts and an 8 pack of stewed tomatoes at Costco, so we'll be having this pasta a few times in the coming weeks! I'll try to take a picture of it this time.

On to this week....

*=new recipe
Monday--beef stew, rolls, salad

Tuesday--fajitas, chips, salsa

Wednesday--buffalo chicken chili mac*, salad

Thursday--pan fried chicken, artichoke tomato pasta, steamed veggies

Friday--burgers with homemade buns, roasted potatoes, salad

Saturday--meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans (carried over from last week)

*************************************************************************************
Mrs. B's Cinnamon Rolls

2 cups warm water
2 pkgs. dry yeast
1 T. Wesson oil or melted shortening
1 t. salt
2 T. sugar
flour

Add yeast and oil to warm water. Mix salt, sugar, and 2 c. flour together. Add the flour mixture to the yeast mixture and mix well. Add enough flour to make a workable dough. Knead in all the flour it can take on a floured surface. Set in a warm spot and let double in size. Punch down, roll into rolls, and let rise. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.

For cinnamon rolls:
1/2 stick butter
1/2 c. sugar
cinnamon

Make roll recipe, except after first rise, roll dough ou to 1/4" thick on a floured surface. Melt butter and brush over dough. Sprinkle with sugar and dust generously with cinnamon. Roll into tube shape and pinch edges together. Cut about 1" thick and place on greased pan.

Glaze:
1 c. powdered sugar
1 T. cinnamon
1/4 c. water

Spread glaze onto uncooked rolls and let rise 20 minutes. Bake at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

(I think the next time I make these, I'll mix up a cream cheese icing to top them with when they come out of the oven.)

For more menu plan Monday fun, head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Buffalo chicken chili mac? That's a new one! I love R.R. Have you tried this before? I'd love to hear what you think! I saved it to try myself one day soon!

Blessings,

Sherry

http://frugaldomesticgoddess.blogspot.com/2008/03/menu-plan-monday-april-edition.html

Michelle said...

What to eat,what to eat... hmmmm... it sounds so good .thanks for sharing.have a great week Candi..

Milk Mama said...

Wow! Those cinnamon rolls look delicious!!! And that soup sounds yummy, too!

Sandra said...

Yum, everything looks so good. Thanks for sharing.

Those cinnamon rolls look SO GOOD.

Mine is up too

Sandra♥

Nicole said...

OMGOSH! Those cinnamon rolls look DELISH!!! So does your menu (as always)

Niki Jolene said...

It all sounds yummy! And those cinnamon rolls look delightful!

Thanks for sharing...

:)