Monday, December 10, 2007

Menu Plan Monday...


This past week we tried the pecan chicken I found on Carrie's blog. Oh my---it is super yummy!! My husband was disappointed I didn't plan it into this week's meals. I had already planned the menu for this week before we tried it (as we ended up having it for lunch on Saturday). However, I promised him we would have it again next week....he asked that we have it all 5 days!!! Oh yeah--it is that good!! We were bad and even scraped the extra crunchies from the pan onto our rice!! Amazing!!


*=new recipe

  • Breakfasts: I'm making a crustless quiche* that will last a couple of days, oatmeal, cold cereal, toast with jam
  • Lunches: chicken salad on whole wheat tortilla, ham and cheese on whole wheat tortilla, pb and j, chicken strips, pasta, salad

  • Wednesday--chicken broccoli cheese casserole*, salad--I was excited to find the casserole recipe, because the creamed soups actually have a good amount of carbs in them
For more menu plan Monday fun, head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

14 Comments:

Disney for Boys said...

Your menu sounds wonderful!!! The pecan chicken sounds amazing but the pumpkin enchiladas have me a bit scared! LOL

Have a great week! :-)

Tiany

Natalie said...

I want to come over on Tuesday. Yum!

My Menu Plan is up now too! :)

Michelle said...

oh the pecan chicken sounds like we must try it..and everything else ;=) have a great week.

Katz said...

the enchiladas sound yummy!

thanks for the heads up on the chili. i'll have to check out the safeway. :)

Anonymous said...

That pecan chicken does sound pretty yummy!

Hope you have a wonderful week!
Karen
www.homeschoolblogger.com/salt

Windows Wide Open said...

MMmmMM it all sounds great from here!

Have a fantastic week :)

~~

Anonymous said...

Mmmm ... pecan chicken sound yummy! I may have to try it.

Trina said...

The kielbasa and cabbage skillet souns yummy! Thanks for the recipe. Have a blessed week.

Trina

Sharon said...

Everything sounds delicious! And don't you love a good new recipe? I know it's good when my husband requests it over & over again, too. lol

Your blog looks so nice and festive.

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Your blog looks so pretty. The chicken dish does sound good. I think my kids would love it. Have a great week.
Pam
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/hip2schoolathome

Sandra said...

Your menu sounds great! The Enchiladas look really good.

Mine is up too :)

Carrie said...

you rock girl!!! I'm SO glad you liked Amy's Chicken! I'll tell her she's famous!! ;-P Thank you for mentioning me this week! I appreciate it! Tell your husband he's one cool dude!! ;-) Have a great week! Natalie's pumpkin enchiladas are really good! You'll enjoy them!

Anonymous said...

The items on your menu sound so unique and SO yummy!!! I posted that Chicken Burrito recipe on my MPM post that you had asked for! Thanks for stopping by!

Katie
http://bimw.wordpress.com

Laura said...

Yum, that is a great sounding menu!

Have a great week!