Monday, December 3, 2007

Back into the swing of things...MPM


Last week we FINALLY got around to trying the homemade corn dogs and the oven fried chimis. They were both very good. I was skeptical that the chimis would crisp up, but they did!! I was also too lazy to melt butter (recipe calls for margarine), so I just brushed them with peanut oil. I learned a trick while making the corn dogs. My first one looked a little funny, but I learned that if you put the corn dog in and let it cook for just a second and flip it, it keeps the batter from spreading out flat. This way you keep the corn dog looking more like a store bought one. Of course, with a deep fryer, you wouldn't have this problem.



This week I am really focusing on getting things back in order menu wise. The last three weeks have been off. On top of that, I am diabetic and have not been watching what I eat. So, I am really trying to plan better meals so that my blood sugars are in a good range.

*=new recipe

  • Monday--Smoky Appalachian chicken breasts, sauteed spinach* (for me), green beans (for the boys), baked potatoes

For more menu plan Monday fun, head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

19 Comments:

Audra said...

Your menu sounds great as always. I'm proud of you for letting everyone know your plan to eat better because you're diabetic.

An Ordinary Mom said...

That pecan chicken sounds yummy!

I also love your header at the top. The hand photos are beautiful!

The Estrogen Files said...

Pecan chicken? You got me - I'm going to try that! Have a wonderful week.

Natalie said...

You've got some yummy stuff there. Good luck getting your diabetic numbers good!

My Menu Plan is up too! :)

Michelle said...

Hi Candi.everything sounds delicious!especially the pecan chicken..must try the corn dogs hubby will love me*and you too for posting it*

Nicole said...

Yummy menu! The chili relleno casserole sounds great! :)

Anonymous said...

the corn dogs look delicious and so does the rest of your week!!

Laura said...

Have a great week, I love all the snowflakes on your site :)

Laura

Forgetfulone said...

That pecan chicken and the lemon chicken soup sound especially delicious.

Christi said...

Everything sounds delicious - as always. The corn dogs look great!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pretty yummy menu!
Hope you have a wonderful week!
Karen
www.homeschoolblogger.com/SALT

Unknown said...

I just love Philly Cheesesteaks. My husband and son recently discovered them since we moved to Las Vegas. They're a nice treat.

My husband is a diabetic. And our whole family follows the diabetic guidelines. It's amazing how many tasty recipes that our out there. Did I tell you that I lost over 20 pounds following it? It's great for everyone.

Lorie said...

It all looks good. Your corn dog picture looks so much better than the original recipe's.

Samantha said...

Yummy!!!!

Carrie said...

Thanks for including my pecan chicken!! I hope people will enjoy it!!

Forgetfulone said...

Sounds delish!

Marye said...

Yay you for getting back on track..I am trying to get my life back in order as well!

SaoirseDaily2 said...

The chile relleno casserole sounds pretty tasty. I find my sugar levels rise when I stop excercising. As much as I despise getting on that treadmill I know it is the best thing to fight this terrible disease. Good luck from one who knows how hard it is to keep on track.

Unknown said...

Funny you should mention homemade corndogs. I just bought the stuff to make them!