Last week we FINALLY got around to trying the homemade corn dogs and the oven fried chimis. They were both very good. I was skeptical that the chimis would crisp up, but they did!! I was also too lazy to melt butter (recipe calls for margarine), so I just brushed them with peanut oil. I learned a trick while making the corn dogs. My first one looked a little funny, but I learned that if you put the corn dog in and let it cook for just a second and flip it, it keeps the batter from spreading out flat. This way you keep the corn dog looking more like a store bought one. Of course, with a deep fryer, you wouldn't have this problem.
This week I am really focusing on getting things back in order menu wise. The last three weeks have been off. On top of that, I am diabetic and have not been watching what I eat. So, I am really trying to plan better meals so that my blood sugars are in a good range.
- Monday--Smoky Appalachian chicken breasts, sauteed spinach* (for me), green beans (for the boys), baked potatoes
- Tuesday--Philly cheese steak sandwiches, tater tots (for the boys), salad
- Wednesday--pecan chicken*, brown rice, steamed broccoli
- Thursday--chili rellenos casserole, rice and beans (for the boys), salad
- Friday--Greek Lemon Chicken soup, salad, bread sticks
For more menu plan Monday fun, head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie!