Friday, December 7, 2007

Guilty Pleasures...

This week's Flaunt it Friday challenge is to share your guilty pleasure.

I am sure my first one is one that most people can relate to. CHOCOLATE....and lots of it!! Chocolate pies, chocolate ice cream, chocolate cookies, brownies, candy bars, etc.... I don't discriminate...I love them all equally!! Problem is, I am diabetic. I don't care what you say, the sugar free, low sugar stuff just ISN'T the same!! So, for me, it truly is a guilty pleasure. I have found that if I allow myself just one square of chocolate, the craving goes away and my blood sugars don't have to pay the price. Here is one of my favorite chocolates. They have a Lindt store in my local mall and I have to stop in for a sample when ever I am there.


Next, I am a reality tv junkie!! Survivor, Amazing Race, Extreme Makeover, Top Model, The Bachelor, Beauty and the Geek, Top Chef, Project Runway, and the list goes on. However, the one that my husband questions the most is My Super Sweet Sixteen on MTV. I don't really know why I like it, but I do. Mostly because I think it is insane how much parents spend on their kids for a party!! I watch it just to see how crazy people are. When I turned 16, I had a few girls over and we spent the night watching movies and eating pizza!! I am spoiled in that we have a DVR that allows me to record two shows at once just in case my reality shows overlap each other.....and they often do!

9 Comments:

Susana la Banana said...

Hi, I found you on the Flaunt it Friday link list...
Are you a Type 1 or 2? I'm Type 1 but chocolate is still on my list too! You just can't get a guilty pleasure better than chocolate. Seriously. And even if I try to curb my craving with a sugarfree choc, I worry about the chemicals it might have! You just can't win.

Chrissy said...

I'm with you on the chocolate. The darker the better. But Super Sweet 16? I guess it's like watching a train wreck.

Candi said...

LOL--this is true. I don't even know why I watched it the first time. The bad thing is that I don't just watch it if I happen to be flipping the channels and see it is on...I actually have my DVR set to record it *blushing*!!

Audra said...

The things your sister learns about you on your blog... At least reality TV is cheap!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for participating in Flaunt It Friday, Candi.

Yes, I too share in your guilty pleasure.... just I eat so darn much of it I have gone into sugar overload and don't even consider the guilt anymore!!!! Ha!

Penny said...

mmmm... Lindt is good. Very good!

Trace said...

Ohhh Lindt are my favourite type of chocolate! Yumm!!

Trace

Tip Junkie said...

I'm a bit of a TV Junkie as well! We share a lot of the same shows. Lately I've been hooked on The Hills. Don't ask me why. ;) Gotta love someone else's drama.

Candi said...

OOOhhh...how could I forget The Hills!!