Monday, December 31, 2007

Menu Plan Monday--Happy New Year!!


I hope everyone has a safe holiday and a wonderful new year!!
We finally tried the pumpkin enchiladas that I found on Natalie's website. They sound a bit unusual, but I like to try new things. They are sooooo good!! I didn't use the jalapeno...I used 1/2 can diced green chilies in its place and the other half of the can I mixed in with the chicken. Also, when I went to roll the corn tortillas, they were breaking, so I heated them in a little oil in my skillet first. They rolled easily this way, but it made them soft after being baked--which made it more like a casserole. So, my pictures aren't great since the enchilada just broke when I lifted it out, but the taste was still so good!! We will have these again, for sure!!



Also, my blood sugars are acting up the past few days, so I will mostly be having salad as my side dish. Not too exciting, but I'm okay with that.

*=new recipe

Monday--pecan chicken, brown rice, steamed veggies (Sadly, we didn't get to this last week--but that means we will have it first thing this week!!).

Tuesday--chili rellenos casserole, rice and beans (for the boys), salad

Wednesday--steak, twice baked cauliflower*, green beans

Thursday--Italian chicken, spaghetti carbonara* (this is in a new cookbook my sister got me for Christmas), salad

Friday--Marla's maid-rites (on buns for the boys--whole wheat tortilla for me-->kind of like sloppy joes), tater tots (for the boys), salad

Lunches (I'm making two soups this week to have on hand for lunch):

Ratatouille soup*
Broccoli cheddar soup* (I have broccoli that needs to be used!!)-->I've not decided on a recipe because I have never made this soup. If you have one or know of a good one, please share!!
salad
pb and j




For more menu plan Monday fun, head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

10 Comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Candi!!!
It's probably best to have some salads for your side dish.:)I'll have to make the pumpkin enchiladas this week it'll be a nice break from turkey.They sound delicious.Thanks for the Blog visithave a great week.

Anonymous said...

I tried the twice-baked cauliflower from Kalyn's Kitchen this past week, without the bacon. It was delicious! Enjoy it, and Happy New Year!

Annie said...

The enchiladas look mouth watering!
Happy New Year!
Your menu sounds yummy!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•’ * Annie *

Anonymous said...

I use the creamy vegetable soup recipe in my Better Homes & Gardens cookbook for my broccoli soup. It doesn't specifically call for cheese, but I just throw it on the top (lots and lots of cheese on top!) YUM! I'll see if I can find a link to the recipe.

Dawn said...

I am so excited because I just got two new recipes to try from your menu. I think the pecan chicken and twice-baked cauliflower sound delicious. Can't wait to try them! Happy New Year!!

Sheila said...

Your menus look fabulous..good luck with the salads...I know what ya mean...

Unknown said...

I think that I would love those pumpkin enchiladas, but I don't think that my husband would try them.

You won the HP Photo Book over at my site. Please respond to this comment with your address.

Audra said...

The pumpkin enchiladas look yummy! It still seems wierd to use pumpkin, but I will try it.

Tasha said...

Everything looks yummy! I am hoping to start back on MPM next week. Part of my New Year's Resolution! Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

I am glad you liked the pumpkin enchiladas. They are great with beef too. I change up the recipe just a little when I do it that way. :)