Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Easy Turtle Candies aka Poor Man's Turtles

I got this recipe from a friend on a message board a few years back. It is soooo easy to make and super yummy. My sister has a recipe called Poor Man's Eclairs and I joked with her saying these are Poor Man's Turtles.

Poor Man's Turtles

Ingredients:

  • 30 rolo candies, removed from wrapper
  • 30 pecan halves, toasted (the original recipe didn't say to toast them, but I think they taste better)
  • 30 butter snap pretzels (they are square)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. 
  2. Place pretzels on a baking sheet and place one rolo on each pretzel. 
  3. Place in oven and bake for about 4 minutes or until chocolate becomes shiny. 
  4. Remove from oven. Using a pecan half, press down on the rolo to smash it out to cover the pretzel. 
  5. Cool completely.

5 Comments:

Tasha said...

Those sound yummy!!! I might just make those for my goodie tins!

Christi said...

Yes, I remember the turtles. They sure are yummy!

Another one I thought of - the Oreo truffles.

Chrissy said...

Oh, I am stealing this recipe, definitely. I LOVE turtles, and I even made them one year, but they were such a pain!

Thanks.

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

What an easy and addicting recipe!! I've made these before and my family can hardly keep them around.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Neat post. There is an issue together with your
website in internet explorer, might check this? IE nonetheless is the market
leader and a big component of other folks will miss your great writing due to this problem.


Check out my website Fotografo emocional de boda