Monday, December 24, 2007

Menu Plan Monday--Christmas Edition



We have finished all of our wrapping and stocking stuffing, so we won't be rushing around to get that done!! YAY!! Bad parents that we are, we've never done the whole Santa thing with our boys. This year Logan is just starting to catch on. He knows that Santa is a guy who gives gifts to everyone (said he saw that on Polar Express). Recently while we were out and someone asked him what he asked Santa for, he told them Santa never brings him anything...LOL!! So, here is my dilemma....do I start the Santa thing with him now...at 5 years old, or do I just let it slide?? I thought about doing it this year with the gifts I hadn't wrapped yet, but then I realized that Logan was with me when I bought Lucas the Pat Pat Rocket. So, I guess if I want to do Santa next year I will have to think ahead. Gee....I never realized this whole Santa thing took so much planning ahead!!

  • Monday--leftovers---->making sugar cookies and other various goodies today!!
  • Tuesday--Merry Christmas!!--Italian cheese balls, green bean casserole, turkey breast*, cranberry sauce, salad, rolls, and we might just have to try this pie!!
*-- I use a boneless turkey breast roast. Ball up some foil and place in bottom of cooker. Pour one cup chicken broth in. Rub turkey breast with olive oil, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and place on top of foil. Cook on high for 3 hours or until 170° F. I used my meat thermometer to make sure I didn't overcook it.
  • Wednesday--leftovers
  • Friday--turkey sandwiches, tater tots, salad
Breakfasts:
  • cold cereal
  • oatmeal
  • breakfast sandwiches
  • toast with jam

Lunches:

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!! Here are the pictures of my boys that I included with my Christmas cards....





For more menu plan Monday fun, head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

12 Comments:

Natalie said...

This is the first year my oldest understands about Santa. I'm excited to see her face on Christmas. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

Come check out my Menu Plan if you get a chance! :)

Michelle said...

Hi Candi :-)
Thanks for the blog visit.I'll post the recipe on monday for the recipes.I love ham.The pictures of the boys are great!I especially like the first picture :-)Have a very Merry Christmas.

Angelicdevil said...

I did the whole santa thing with my son, he has known for the last year that santa is not real as some kids at school told him and i didn't want to lie when he asked. But surprising enough he would never sit on santa's lap, he was actually quite scared of santa except when my father dressed up like santa for a coupe of years and paid a visit. He kinda guessed who it was but he played along and climbed all over him and totally loved it. I don't think 5 is too late to start and honestly i don't know who had more fun with the whole santa routine, my son or me!!! lol

Merry christmas

Christi said...

You know my thoughts on the Santa thing... I certainly don't think it makes you a bad parent at all! And I don't see the point in starting it now. It's not as if Logan is disturbed by it, you know?

Yum - your Christmas Day menu sounds fantastic!

Audra said...

Sounds delicious! It's a toss u for me on the Santa thing. You know that our 2 oldest know there is no Santa. We had to tell them when our plans changed last minute and we went to see family and they had both got a bike for Christmas. There was no way to fit the bikes, port-a-crib, stroller, suitcases... all into the van and then the gifts we'd return home with. We refused to buy another 'Santa' gift, so we sat them down and said we had something important to tell them. Sarah said, "let me guess, there's no Santa?". She was like 6. We have not told the two younger ones, so they think there is a Santa.

justkc said...

Thanks for sharing the link to that pie - her site is amazing! So do you doctor the pie at all to make it more diabetic friendly?

Sandra said...

Great Menu, have a wonderful Christmas!

Ruth said...

All sounds yummy! Have a Merry Christmas.

Ruth said...

All sounds yummy. I saved that apple pie link to my favorites. Sounds too good!
Merry Christmas!

Candi said...

I've never tried the pie recipe, so I probably wouldn't doctor it the first time.

Really, it looks yummy, but I'm not too tempted by pies. My hubby loves them, though.

Michelle said...

Hey, that's the National Christmas Tree. Are you guys from around here? We're in the Frederick, Maryland area. (I just popped into your blog from the Menu Plan Monday list.)

Angie said...

Great Pictures with the National Tree. It's gorgeous! Super Idea!