Sunday, December 9, 2007

Poor Man's Eclairs

I got this recipe from my sister, who I believe got it from her MIL.

Poor Man's Eclairs

Butter a 9x13 pan. Layer bottom of pan with graham crackers. Combine 2 pkg. (4 serving size each) instant French Vanilla pudding with 3 cups cold milk. Add an 8 oz. carton of Cool Whip. Spread half over graham crackers. Top with another layer of graham crackers and the rest of the pudding. End with graham crackers.
Melt 2 ounces bitter chocolate with 2 Tbsp white Karo.*
Add:
2 tsp. vanilla
3 Tbsp soft butter
3 Tbsp milk
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Mix well. Spread over top layer of graham crackers. Refrigerate 24 hours.

*I have also seen a recipe where you don't have to make the chocolate topping. You simply purchase one tub of chocolate icing, microwave it until it melts (stirring often) and then pour it over the top layer of graham crackers.

Both SUPER yummy!!

1 Comment:

Chrissy said...

We make that recipe a lot but we call it Chocolate Eclair Cake. My husband's favorite.

Great, now I really want some. Off to the store.