Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The pantry....

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

This past weekend we continued with our projects that we started last weekend. We got our curtains hung, I got all the laundry done (not even one thing in the dirty clothes baskets...well, at least there wasn't at the end of the day on Sunday!!), cleaned the floors on all 3 levels, cleaned the bathroom and I did a general pick up of the entire house.

Before curtains...


After curtains...


One thing that needed to be done was organizing the pantry. We just moved into this house in March, so it isn't like it has had lots of time to get messy, yet somehow it was. As you can see from the before picture, I had already incorporated baskets to help me organize things. That helped a lot, but a big problem was that I never really finished organizing in there. There were still things that I hadn't found a home for, so I would just stick them in the pantry. The pantry was already pretty full and we had gone shopping at Costco and a regular grocery store so we had things sitting on the counter to put away. I didn't want it to all go in a messy pantry, so leaving it sitting out reminded me to clean my pantry. It worked!! It still isn't 100%, but it is WAY better!!

Here is a picture of it after I finished organizing it when we first moved in....


Here it is after a few months of use...




And here it is after I organized it...again...






Head on over to 5 minutes for Mom for more Tackle it Tuesday fun!!

19 Comments:

Christi said...

Yay! You got it done! I know that makes you feel so much better.

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Wow! Now THAT'S a pantry! What a big job - and you did great! It looks wonderful.

The Blakes said...

WOW! Great job! I love the that plastic bag holder..man I would love one of those! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Wow, great tackles! Curtains add such character to a room, don't they? And the pantry looks great.

Shari said...

Great job - love it when things look so much cleaner, don't you? I bet you feel great. I'm jealous of the wide expanse of your pantry!
Shari
first time visitor to your blog

mistihollrah said...

Great tackle! Good job!

Ginny said...

Great job!

My Trendy Tykes said...

Great tackles!

Linda

Twisted Cinderella said...

It looks great!!! Great job!

Karen said...

Wow! Looks great. I had to decide between pantry and ds's closet. I ended up picking the closet for this week.

Anonymous said...

Great tackle. Love your pantry, it's so big!

I'm hosting a Tackle contest on my blog. Stop on by!

Anonymous said...

You're hired! My pantry needs you - can't you hear it calling your name! It's a smaller project than was yours (I have pantry envy), so it should be a piece of cake! Nice work!

Love the curtains too - it helps bring out the picture frames nicely!

kardel said...

Wow! The curtains really make a big difference! The pantry is really neat, though. I wish mine was as well organized. You may have inspired me just a little! Thanks for stopping by my blog, hope you'll come back soon!

Susanna Rose said...

You really set the bar high!;) Good job, everything looks great and the curtains really complete your living room!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Your curtains are gorgeous! And I'm jealous of your pantry. It looks fantastic. Great job!!

Lily said...

WOW! Way to go, Candi!! That looks fantastic!!

Thankfulheart said...

Hi Candi,
Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the world! Your own Tackle it Tuesday project looked like a big job too!
I love the header on your page with all of the hands, how beautiful.
Blessings!~Theresa
seekingdiligence.blogspot.com/
homeschoolblogger.com/littledarlins

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Hey girlfriend, where'd you get the can organizer (on the bottom shelf/floor level)? Looks great by the way!!

Julie

Audra said...

Looks great. I love the curtains. Love ya, Aud