Sunday, July 22, 2007

Menu Plan Monday



I didn't make the chili rellenos when I planned last week and we actually ended up having them on Sunday. A couple of weeks ago, Sherry had posted about having cumin lime rice and I asked for the recipe. She posted it last week and we had it with the rellenos. It was very good and easy!! Thanks for the recipe!!

This week I planned a menu before going to the farmer's market. We really enjoyed the fresh pasta and sauce we got there last week. I was sad when that pasta guy wasn't there this time. I had to buy my pasta from the grocery store *gasp!* All of my veggies, the bison, and the bread are from the farmer's market!!

Monday--New Mexico bison burgers ** (roasted poblano peppers, guacamole, Monterey Jack cheese), tater tots

Tuesday--pasta with sausage, onions, and peppers, salad, bread

Wednesday--slow cooker pepper steak, rice

Thursday--poppy seed chicken over Jasmine rice, black eye peas, green beans, corn bread

Friday--salisbury steak--recipe below (freezer meal), steamed broccoli

Saturday--chicken and pesto pasta, salad, bread

Sunday--leftovers

** I am trying to make a copy of a favorite burger from Ted's Montana Grill

Head on over to Laura's for more menus!!

Salisbury Steak Dinner


1 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 c. finely chopped onions
1/4 c. Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 t. seasoned salt
1/4 c. chili sauce
1 egg, beaten
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (12 oz.) jar home-style beef gravy
2 cups cubed (1/2 inch) unpeeled russet potatoes

1. In medium bowl, combine ground beef, onion, crushed crackers, seasoned salt, chili sauce, and egg; mix well. Shape into four 1/2 inch thick patties.

2. Spray 12 inch nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add patties; cook 4-6 minutes or until browned on both sides. Drain, if necessary.

3. Add tomatoes, gravy and potatoes**. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and beef is thoroughly cooked, turning patties and stirring once.

** Above is the original recipe. I turned this into a freezer meal by following the directions through step 2 (except I cooked the patties all the way instead of just browning them). I put the patties on a cookie sheet and flash froze them. Then I put them in a ziploc bag. When ready to eat them, I thaw them out and proceed with step 3. Makes for an easy, yummy meal!!

And...just because I haven't posted a pic of the boys in a while. Here is one of them enjoying the newly carpeted play room in the basement!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful meal plan!! I might steal some of those recipes when you post the links:)

Candi said...

Thanks...I got the links up!

Christi said...

Everything sounds yummy - as always!

And I just can't believe how big Lucas looks! It just amazes me every time I see him!

Megan Cobb said...

I LOOOOOVE your header pictures of the hands. What a beautiful idea. Your menu looks really fantastic and you have some adorable boys! I love Salisbury steak, slurp!

Sandra said...

Great menu, everything looks wonderful :)
Cute Cute boys you have!!!

♥Sandra

Annie Elizabeth said...

What a great menu planned!!!