Monday, July 16, 2007

Menu Plan Monday


Last week we tried a new recipe that we really loved. It had been on the menu for 3 weeks and we finally had it. It was super easy, too. I have to add that these were huge and neither me or my husband could eat an entire one! Very filling. Here is a picture of it and I will post the recipe below....

Bacon Cheeseburger Wellingtons




We also went to the farmer's market again this weekend. This week we picked up some green beans, tomatoes (including a few green ones), cabbage, red bell pepper, jalapeno, poblano peppers, corn, fresh baked bread, freshly made pasta, freshly made sauce, buffalo suasage, and buffalo hot dogs (those last two my husband chose). I didn't use a couple of meals from last week, so I moved those to this week.

Monday--pasta and sauce from farmer's market, pan fried tilapia, green beans from farmer's market

Tuesday--homemade chili rellenos, rice, and beans

Wednesday--Italian chicken, cheese-filled shells, sauted yellow squash and zucchini

Thursday--pan fried tilapia (bought a fresh pack at Costco, so lots to use up), steamed cabbage (from farmer's market), corn on the cob from farmer's market

Friday--chicken, basil, and sundried tomato burgers (from Costco) with tomatoes from farmer's market, tater tots

Head on over to Laura's for more menus!!


Bacon Cheesburger Wellington's
*

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 T. au jus seasoning mix (from 1-oz. pkg.)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 t. pepper
2 (8 oz.) cans crescent rolls
8 t. dijon mustard (I used regular mustard)
4 slices bacon, cooked and halved
4 (1-oz.) slices Cheddar cheese

1. In large bowl, combine ground beef, seasoning mix, garlic, and pepper; mix well. Shape mixture into 4 patties, 1/2 inch thick.

2. Heat large skillet over med. heat until hot. Add patties; cook 10-12 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, turning once. Remove patties from skillet; drain on paper towels. Cool 5 minutes.

3. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Unroll dough forming 13x6.5 inch rectangle. Firmly press perforations to seal. Cut dough crosswise into 2 squares. Repeat with remaining can of dough, forming 4 squares. ( I just took 4 of the triangles and pressed them together to form a rectangle, then pressed them out a little to make it more square.)

4. Spread each square with 2 t. mustard. Place one cooked patty, 2 half slices bacon, and 1 slice cheese in center of each square. Bring 4 corners of each dough square together in center; twist to from knot in center. Pinch edges to seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.

5. Bake at 375 degrees for 17-23 minutes or until golden brown.

*I found this recipe in a Pillsbury cookbook (the kind you buy at checkout stands)

10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm definitely trying this recipe you have down. Wonderful meal plan too this week.

Winnie said...

Mmmm! Those Wellingtons look great and easy. I'll have to try those next week. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

My hubby would LOVE those Wellingtons! I will have to try them!

Sherry

Lorie said...

That recipe looks great!

Christi said...

I couldn't wait to see what you planned after hearing what you got at the market. Everything sounds great! And I'll definately be making the wellingtons.

Candace said...

I will also be trying out the Wellingtons next week. Thank you for sharing the recipe. Your menu for this week looks great too!

Sandra said...

Great menu, everything looks yummy!

I'm definitely trying the Wellington's they look superb!
♥Sandra♥

Menu Plan Monday

Annie Elizabeth said...

Sound great!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks so good! I have to try those Cheeseburger Wellingtons!

Welcome to My Loft! said...

I tried the Wellingtons tonight and dh said the recipe was a keeper. He did comment that they are basically just a tricky way of getting him to eat a hamburger but it helps having a way he likes them.

Thanks for the great recipe!