Monday, October 12, 2009

Menu Plan Monday...



Last week we tried a couple of new, tasty recipes. The fish was great! Logan even asked for seconds! I've roasted potatoes lots of times, but this time I took Ree's suggestion and added balsamic vinegar. It was very good and went perfectly with the fish.



The macaroni and tomatoes was really good, too! I think next time I would cut back on the butter a bit, though.

On to this week.....

*=new recipe


Monday--falafel* sandwiches on chapati bread (I will bake mine, instead of fry and omit the coriander)

Tuesday-- chicken and rice casserole, green beans, carrots

Wednesday-- chicken fajitas, chips, and salsa

Thursday-- beef broccoli stir fry and sesame noodles*

Friday-- tequila lime shrimp, fideo*, corn

Saturday-- sweet potato and sausage pasta (I am subbing sweet potatoes for the squash because I have some already cubed in the freezer that I need to use), salad

Sunday--bean soup with kielbasa and cornbread

Breakfast choices:
--pumpkin pie oatmeal*
--eggs, sausage, toast with jam
--cold cereal
--cereal bar, yogurt, cup of fruit

Lunch choices (never anything exciting):
--hot dogs, chips and fruit
--sandwiches, carrots and dip, fruit
--cheese quesadilla, chips, salsa
--macaroni and cheese and fruit
--grilled cheese and tomato soup

Snacks:
--hummus and pita chips
--strawberry bread* with peanut butter (Harris Teeter had 3 pounds of strawberries for $3.29!!)
--graham crackers and applesauce
--graham crackers, almond butter, choc. covered raisins

Treats:
--rice crispy treats
--leftover cake and ice cream

4 Comments:

Christi said...

Um, did I hear you say "cut back on the butter"? What kind of madness is that?!

Sounds delicious!

Erin said...

It all sounds delicious. . . especially the Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal! Thanks for sharing! =)

Erin said...

I have saved the Fideo and the Falafel!!!! I will have to post up my menus!
The strawberry bread looks delicious. Was there an easy way to print it out? I didnt see one

Milk Mama said...

I think I'll have to come and steal one of your menus for a week. I have no creativity when it comes to food.