Friday, September 25, 2009

Tequila Lime Shrimp

Before our kitchen remodel began, we purchased some chicken and seafood in bulk. Last night I made our first "fancier" meal since having the kitchen put back together. I'm so excited to be able to pull things out of the freezer and easily cook a meal.

So, last night I made shrimp for the first time ever and I think it turned out pretty tasty! I looked up a recipe to get an idea of how long to cook the shrimp, then I threw together a recipe.



Tequila Lime Shrimp--

shrimp, de-veined (I used 30 small, but would do more next time)
2 T butter
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
tequila (just a splash)
lime juice (I used the juice of 1/2 lime)
1 teaspoon cumin
salt and pepper to taste

Put the butter in a skillet and melt on medium high heat. Add the garlic and cook until it starts to brown. Add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the tequila, lime juics, cumin, salt, and pepper and cook for 2 mor minutes.

I served this with coconut lime rice and steamed broccoli. It was rather tasty! I think this recipe would work great with fish, too!

2 Comments:

Christi said...

Sure sounds yummy. Glad it turned out for you!

Kim said...

Wow - that looks fantastic! I think I'll make that tomorrow night - thanks for the recipe!