Tuesday, October 27, 2009

First Grade....

We are several weeks into first grade now and so far it is going great! Each week Logan has been learning a new Proverb. He typically remembers it by the end of the first day!

Here is this weeks Proverb (click to enlarge):



I thought this was an excellent one for him to learn. I asked Logan if we should try to be wise or a fool. He said we should be wise, but then he raised his eyebrows and said, "But, you're not a man, Momma. Does that mean you are a wise girl?". I smiled and told him that I guess it does. Momma wants to be a wise girl!

When my husband got home that night I showed him the new Proverb. I told him I thought it was an excellent one. He raised his eyebrows and said, "I'll let it slide since it is part of the curriculum". Haha, at first he thought I had hand picked this Proverb for him. It is true that I think we all give full vent to our anger from time to time, but I am striving to be wise!

Logan also made a little book. Each day he would write a sentence and illustrate it. I just loved watching him illustrate each page and thought I would share it with you all. (You can click to enlarge if you wish.)






He asked for a bit of help on the mule's nose, but I think he did a pretty good job on his drawings!

I'm really loving homeschooling him. Getting to see his little light bulb moments is amazing!

4 Comments:

Tammy said...

What a GREAT job, Logan! I sure love that bug on the mule. ;)

Christi said...

The book is so cute - you're right, the mule is very cute.

I'm impressed with his handwriting. He's doing a great job!

Lily said...

I love this post! The drawings are so cute. Ditto to Christi - he's doing well with his handwriting. :)

And I just read your comment on my blog about the word verification "sperms" - I burst out laughing. I know it's random, but...

Kaleena said...

Isn't it a wonderful feeling to be there to witness those light bulb moments!