I'm in the process of planning my menu for this week and this is one of the things we are having. We have had this several times and really like it. Anyway, I thought I would go ahead and type up the recipe and share a picture of it from the last time we had it.
Butternut Squash, Sausage and Bow Ties
6 oz. (2.5 cups) uncooked bow tie pasta (farfalle)
12 oz. pork breakfast sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 T. olive oil
1 med, butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces (4 cups)
1/2 c. sliced green onions
1 t. sugar
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. dried marjoram leaves
1/4 t. dry mustard
1. Cook pasta to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain; cover to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, in 12-inch non-stick skillet, cook sausage as directed on package. Remove sausage and drippings from skillet; discard drippings.
3. Add 2 T. of the oil to the same skillet. Heat over medium-low heat until hot. Add squash; cover and cook 10 minutes or until almost tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Add onions; cover and cook 3-5 minutes or until squash is fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Add cooked sausage, cooked pasta, sugar, salt, marjoram, mustard, and remaining 1 T. oil; mix well. Cook 3-5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
Sunday, April 20, 2008