Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sick...

Now that Daddy is gone for a few days, Lucas decided it would be a perfect time to get sick. Last night I headed to bed (way too late) and went to take Logan to the bathroom (we do this every night). As I walked past Lucas' room, it smelled bad and I thought he must have pooped. When I was taking Logan back to his room, I smelled it again and this time I was pretty certain it was throw up.

I got Logan in bed and went to check on Lucas and he had thrown up all over his entire bed. Apparently he slept through it because it looked as if he would throw up and then move to a clean spot and then repeat the process. There was only a tiny bit on the floor right by his bed, so I could tell he didn't even get up. He sleeps in a blanket sleeper because he likes to sleep on the floor, so it was all crusted over and so was his hair. I got him up and bathed him, and put clean stuff on his bed. He was running a low grade temp, but nothing too bad. He did NOT want to go back to bed.

I was starting to feel sick from being up so late. I finally convinced him he had to go to bed and I made it into bed around 5AM. He slept until 10:30 and has not thrown up again. However, now he has diarrhea, but I can deal with that easier since he is in diapers. He just fell asleep on the floor and he doesn't do that anymore.....so, I know he isn't 100%. Anyway, now I'm hoping that Logan and I make it through without catching it!

Scratch him being asleep on the floor. I went through the living room and he woke up. I put a mat on the floor and he is now laying there watching Spongebob (and Molly decided to join him). Certainly isn't like my active little boy.......

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

AH! I hope everyone feels better soon!

Here's a little bit of useless information for you. Did you know that male tortoiseshell (the color of Molly) cats are EXTREMELY rare? It's even more rare to find a male tortoiseshell that is not sterile. Same goes for the calico. It's like finding a four leaf clover. And now that you know this, every time you see a new calico/tortoiseshell cat you will want to check it out. I'm just saying...

Tammy said...

Sickness is not fun, we have it going around our home too. Not throwing up and such, but strep throat. Seems like when kids throw up, it's always at night. Have you noticed that? I wonder why....

I hope you don't get it. Not too much longer til your hubby gets home. :)

Audra said...

Poor guy. I'm glad he is feeling better today. Love ya, Aud

Milk Mama said...

Oh no! I hate it when our little ones are sick. Anna was coughing earlier today and snoring in her sleep--she sounds OK now, but I was praying she wasn't getting sick!

I got your package today and I wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart! The dresses are beautiful! I love the pants and of course the sweater is lovely, too! Thanks for everything!!! ♥