Monday, January 12, 2009

Menu Plan Monday..



This is my first week to plan meals since my in-laws were here at Thanksgiving!! I got tired of trying to figure out what we were going to eat each night, so knew I needed a plan. I haven't posted my menu in a while, but still had been planning up until Thanksgiving. My husband lost his job in Oct. and is still without a job. I'm trying to keep grocery shopping to a minimum because we have very little money coming in. This is probably the main reason I knew we had to get back to planning.

*=new recipe

Sunday--leftover sweet and spicy kielbasa, homemade mac and cheese, and carrots

Monday--chili cheese fries*

Tuesday--homemade choc. chip toasted coconut buttermilk pancakes* with fresh whipped cream, sausage, eggs (I will add in the coconut and choc. chips because I had that at a local restaurant and it was sooooo good!)

Wednesday--chicken and rice casserole, carrots, Syrian green beans

Thursday--beans, oven fried potatoes, cornbread

Friday--cannonball chicken with rice, corn, beans

Saturday--leftovers

Anything we don't get to this week will be carried over to next week.


For more menu plan Monday fun, head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

2 Comments:

Christi said...

Sounds yummy! I love the sweet & spicy kielbasa - I'll have to add that for next week since it's something I already have in the freezer.

Talk to you soon!

Sweet Pea said...

I'm intrigued re: the cannonball chicken. Have you posted the recipe before? If not, have you thought about posting it?

-SP