Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Menu Plan....Tuesday??

Well, I'm a day late this week and I really don't have much to share. How's that for a plan?

Yesterday my hubby flew out on a last minute trip to CA to see his grandmother. She was hospitalized a little over 2 weeks ago and we were told she wouldn't have long to live. She does seem to be doing better, but with hubby starting a new job soon, he won't have any time off for a while. If he was going to go, it had to be now. So, Sunday night the ticket was bought and he left the next day. So, that leaves me and the boys. Last week when I bought the kale salad ingredients, I bought enough for us to have it a couple of times, but since hubby is gone, there is still enough for me to have it twice. Also, hubby pulled some hamburger meat out of the freezer that I needed to use, so I did that tonight.

Below is my dinner for the week. For the boys, I have mac and cheese (hubby made a batch of homemade on Sunday), hotdogs, various kinds of sandwiches, and oatmeal.

Tuesday: I decided to try this burger out! Yum! I almost didn't pause long enough to take the photo! (I made two, so will have the other to eat this week as well.) I cooked the onions longer than she did and I used Cholula instead of Tabasco...I just like it better!



Wednesday: kale salad (Easy because I have all the veggies ready to go except for the kale!)

Thursday: leftover burger

Friday: ??? Hubby comes home!

Saturday: ??

4 Comments:

Tammy said...

Oh, I love cholula! lol

Sounds like you have some yummy meals planned, even with just you and the boys. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I put burgers on my menu because I was inspired by the pioneer woman too. Although I plan on just doing onion soup mix burgers instead. But, I did buy kaiser rolls and am considering an extra run to the store for bleu cheese. LOL.

Anonymous said...

PS Have you ever tried "Gringos Banditos" hot sauce? I love it.

Audra said...

That burger looks great!