Monday, February 1, 2010

Momma got a Vitamix!!

We finally did it. I've been wanting one for a long time and just after Christmas we finally bought a Vitamix! Lucas loves smoothies and has recently started pretending that he is making them. Today I caught it on video. What I didn't catch is him licking the wooden screwdriver that he uses as his tamper to taste test his smoothie! Hmmmm. I wonder where he got that idea.....



I've really been enjoying making smoothies in it! I've even used it to make potato soup (pretty good), hummus (really good), my husband made ginger carrot soup (we didn't care for it), and eggs (Don't do it!! The time and effort it took to clean it afterwards wasn't worth it!!). I'm pretty sure I've used it more in the month that we've had it than I did my old one in the 8 or so years that I had it.

Here is one of my most recent creations. I pretty much just throw in what I have on hand, but this one turned out especially yummy, so I thought I should write it down!

Logan named it Orange Surprise, but you can't really taste the orange.

1 whole apple (I think mine was Pink Lady, but it probably doesn't matter much)
1 whole orange with peel removed, pith left on
1/2-3/4 cup coconut milk (I use the brand So Delicious in a carton in the refrigerated section---plain milk would work)
1/2 cup red grapes
10 frozen strawberries
4 handfuls frozen blueberries
2 handfuls spinach
2 Medjool dates, pit removed

1 Comment:

Teri said...

Lucas is so cute & the smoothie sounds so yummy! Come to PA and make me one? :)