Wednesday, February 10, 2010

More pictures from Snowmageddon....

Tomorrow marks 4 days of the federal govt. being closed. My husband said this is the longest weekend ever!! If you care to know, closing the federal govt. for one day costs tax payers close to $100 million dollars!

Here are a few more pictures of what they are calling "Snowmageddon"!

The above picture is at the entrance of our neighborhood. The snow pile is halfway up to the traffic light!!
Sledding is fun! The aftermath left for momma to clean up....not so much!
This picture was taken on Tuesday (Feb.9th) night just as the snow was starting again. The above picture was taken on Wed. night (Feb. 10th) after the snow stopped and shoveling was done. The tree is in our neighbor's yard and the pile in our yard is now at least as tall as me (5'6"). Throwing snow onto the top of a pile as tall as you is NOT easy work! I don't think the tree liked me throwing snow at it. At one point, I threw a shovel full and the low limb on the left of the picture caught the snow and threw it back at me....hitting me right in the head.

Anyone care to guess when all this snow will be melted away??

3 Comments:

Christi said...

Good grief! I've never seen that much snow in my life!

Audra said...

That is a lot of snow. I say melted by April 1st.

Candi said...

Haha, Aud. April Fool's!