Saturday, February 6, 2010

Blizzard 2010...

This time, I knew a storm was coming. When I went to bed on Thursday, reports said 16-20 inches. When I woke on Friday, it said 18-24, but by mid-day on Friday, it was saying to expect 20-30 inches, with some areas getting 30+. I put in my request of only getting 20 inches, but it doesn't seem it was noted. When my husband went out for round one of digging us out, we probably had about 20 inches. Weather.com says to expect another 4-8 inches. Then, we are to get a few flurries on Tuesday and Wednesday. One good thing I see is that it was supposed to remain in the upper 20s Sunday through the first part of the week, but now it is saying mid 30s on Monday.

Here are a few pictures I've taken so far. I'm sure I'll have more before it is all over. It is supposed to taper off around 8PM tonight (it is 2 pm now).

9:30 PM on Friday night
10 AM Saturday morning

A neighbor tried to uncover her car. She got the windshield and hood done and gave up.
11:45 AM
The snow was up over our door! Has anyone seen my porch??
Digging out round one.
Oh look---there is a porch after all!
Oooh! We have a sidewalk, too! It took about 20 minutes to uncover it (and along the parking area in front of our van) and by the time it was done, there was another inch on it! Cleared that and there is another 2 inches now!
Logan keeps himself busy building a track.
Lucas keeps himself busy convincing himself he CAN fit on the boat!
As seen here! :-)
This was just after my husband finished shoveling. It was really picking up!

6 Comments:

Momof3inVA said...

Wow! Where are you guys? You got a load of snow! Phew, out lights just flickered out...I hope they stay on...we got some ice last night and it is like an oreo cookie of snow/ice/snow out there!

Tammy said...

LOL...reminds me of Idaho! ;)

I sure love the white velvety look of fresh snow, though. It's so tranquil and lovely.

Being us... said...

We must be pretty close to one another (northern va). Our final total at our house was 33.5 inches and we have snow drifts topping 45 inches! Don't think playdates are in my future this week!

Being us... said...

We are near Leesburg Va.....I95...so Warrenton area???

Audra said...

WoW! That is a lot of snow. People here only think they know what cabin fever is. After 2 days inside, they were going crazy. Being snowed in isn't such a bad thing.

Audra said...

Oh, love the boat!