Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My pantry...

When I posted about cleaning my pantry Sunday, I was being lazy and didn't take pictures. I took pictures Monday evening to share. It still isn't 100%, but WAY better. I don't have a before picture to compare it to though. However, you can look at two previous posts about my pantry organizing and can see I how much I would typically have in it here (this one is probably the closest to how full it was this time) and here.


The empty spot on the top shelf is where I keep my blue bin that I keep chips in. It is currently in the basement where we've been eating, but it currently only has one bag of Fritos in it.
I'm addicted to lots of different sauces, vinegars, wines, etc... Can you tell? Bottom bin on left has all cake mixes/brownies. I bought them on sale and these were the ones that weren't expired. All the boxes of Jiffy are also cake mix. There is a recipe on them that I love for cookie bars. From the looks of it, you'd think I bake all the time, but I don't. Next bin over is pretty much nothing but chips..chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, cinnamon chips, you get the idea. Go up one shelf and that bin is peanut butter and jams/jellies and syrup.
In the Top Ramen box there are also the large size cans of crushed tomatoes. I would typically keep the tortillas in the cabinet with my bread, but well...I don't currently have any cabinets hanging.
The bin under the Top Ramen box has rice, beans, lentils, bread crumbs, etc. Next bin down has nuts and Crisco baking sticks.
That pizza box you see is our solar oven. Under it are paper towel rolls that I keep for crafts. I also store my cookbooks and recipe boxes in my pantry. The blue bin on the left has hard candies, jelly beans, and I'm not sure what else without going and looking. The right white one has a varitey (M&Ms, Fig Newton snacks, Marshmallows, cookies, and a box of Junior Mints).
Blue bin on left has extra Goldfish and nut snacks (nut clusters, pumpkin seeds, etc.). White bin on right beside it has gummy fruit snacks, granola bars, peanut butter crackers, and a couple other misc. snacks. White bin on bottom right is full of apple sauce and pineapple sauce. White bin on bottom right is Pop tarts and cereal bars.
This shelf is two different kinds of nuts (almonds and cashews), Fruity Cheerios, leftover Subway cookies, a little bit of chocolate (behind the crackers) and Cheezits.
Here we have Goldfish, M&Ms, Ritz crackers, Aldi brand vanilla wafers, graham crackers, and ice cream cones behind those. Bin next to the Nutri-grain has my Ziplocs (extras stored on top shelf in a previous picture).
As you can see, the floor is not clean, but there is still lots that isn't normally in the pantry in there. The cleaning supplies on the left plus the 2 trash bags (more cleaning supplies) all go under the kitchen sink. I typically keep my mixer on top of the fridge. Then you have my 2 Cansolidators. Next to that is contractor bags and our giant bag of Jasmine rice. Keep going around and you'd find diet coke, Capri Sun 100% juice packs, an ice cream maker and plumbing supplies that will be out of there once the kitchen is back together (even my disposal is in there....LOL).

Anyway, I'm very happy with the pantry now. I even went back in after cleaning it and stood there admiring it...LOL!

4 Comments:

Tammy said...

Oh wow, you did a FABULOUS job with your pantry! Kudos to you, girl!

I loved reading and seeing this post. :)

P.S. I'd love to see a post on your thoughts of homeschooling for a year. Do you think you will continue?

Christi said...

Yay! But, I still want to see your new light fixture. ;-)

Candi said...

Haha. I realized after I typed up the post that you couldn't see my new light fixture in any of the pics. I'll have to go get one and add it to this post.

Tammy, I'll have to get a post together. There have been major changes on the homeschooling front!

Angie said...

Ok, Candi, if there's ever a major disaster...I'm heading to D.C. because I'll know where to find some food :-) Great job on the organizing! It looks fantastic!