Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Learning Experience....

I must say that t-ball is certainly a learning experience....for both Logan and myself! I have learned that Logan is a pretty typical 6 year old boy. I've been around kids before, but never a bunch of little boys all at once. I was really struggling with Logan's behavior lately and thought that I was failing as a mom. However, since starting t-ball, I have learned that he really isn't as bad as I thought he was.

For Logan, he is learning what a team is. He is learning that he has to listen and that if he doesn't, there will be consequences. Of course we discipline Logan, but I think he was under the impression that since we weren't out on the field with him during the games, he could do as he wishes. I have noticed that he has a hard time listening, but at the last game it was really bad. So much so that I had his coach put another little boy on first base to replace Logan and I pulled Logan off the field (I'm team mom and I'm in the dugout at this point). I had warned him already that if he didn't listen to his coaches that he would sit on the bench rather than play the game. Boy, he wasn't happy when I followed through with that. I was really afraid he was going to get hit in the head with the ball because he wouldn't even pay attention when the kids were up to bat or when a ball was being thrown to him!

To add to being pulled off the field, I am having him write letters to all FIVE of his coaches apologizing for his behavior. Working on handwriting with Logan is like pulling teeth. Truly, it might be just as much of a punishment for me....LOL! Logan is actually working on his second letter while I type this. After he finished up the first letter and I told him he had 4 to go, he said, "Can't I just send out an e-mail to all of them?". Oh my!! Um, NO!!

When I told Logan that he would be writing letters to all of his coaches, he acted as if it was no big deal. Then I told him he had to write 5 and he told me that he knows that I will "just forget anyway". Ha...no such luck mister! When I pulled out the paper and pencil and told him why, he said, "What? I thought you had forgotten. That was like a week ago!". I knew that having him write these letters would be a struggle, but I'm hoping it will make him think twice about his poor behavior on the field. I guess tomorrow will tell!

Here are some more pictures from our games.




The boys are certainly eager to get their hands on the ball, as seen here

and here....


5 Comments:

Tammy said...

Aaaahhh...the perils of motherhood, lol! Good for you sticking to your guns. Trust me, I'm dealing with a 16 year old boy that has never learned about consequences. It's a much easier idea to learn at 6 than 16. You are a good mom. :)

Milk Mama said...

Oh yeah, Anna's hair washed right out and she was more than happy to jump in the tub. Even Paul said that he thought she did it on purpose so she could get another bath!

Milk Mama said...

hahahaha. I had to laugh at the photo of the boys all tackling the ball!

Milk Mama said...

LOL I had to laugh at his wanting to send an email to all five coaches... how times have changed!!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

You go Mom! I'm proud of you. Ce