Friday, October 12, 2007

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins

I saw this recipe over at Sandra's and just HAD to try it!! Oh, my, are they good!!

I did make a few changes. I used mini chocolate chips and I had some unsweetened applesauce on hand for another muffin recipe, so I used 1 cup of it in place of the oil. Very tasty!

I am sure I am not the first to do this, but I hate the mess that I make while making muffins. It never fails that I dribble the batter all over the muffin tin and really make a mess!! I got to thinking and came up with a great way to make muffin-making easier!! My dad always used a scoop when making cookies. It made the process faster and the cookies were more uniform in size. Well, I just so happen to have a larger scoop and I thought it would work great for muffins. I was right!! The process was so fast and I didn't make a mess at all!! It worked so great that I got ahead of myself. I had wanted to add pecans to half of the batter for hubby and me, but I got to scooping up the batter so fast that when I remembered the pecans, I only had enough batter left for a couple of muffins. If you like pumpkin, you have to try these!!

The finished product...


Sandra said...

Aren't they just the BEST muffins ever.

Julie said...

They look and sound wonderful!! I'm gonna have to try them!!