Friday, October 12, 2007

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins

I saw this recipe over at Sandra's and just HAD to try it!! Oh, my, are they good!!

I did make a few changes. I used mini chocolate chips and I had some unsweetened applesauce on hand for another muffin recipe, so I used 1 cup of it in place of the oil. Very tasty!

I am sure I am not the first to do this, but I hate the mess that I make while making muffins. It never fails that I dribble the batter all over the muffin tin and really make a mess!! I got to thinking and came up with a great way to make muffin-making easier!! My dad always used a scoop when making cookies. It made the process faster and the cookies were more uniform in size. Well, I just so happen to have a larger scoop and I thought it would work great for muffins. I was right!! The process was so fast and I didn't make a mess at all!! It worked so great that I got ahead of myself. I had wanted to add pecans to half of the batter for hubby and me, but I got to scooping up the batter so fast that when I remembered the pecans, I only had enough batter left for a couple of muffins. If you like pumpkin, you have to try these!!


The finished product...

2 Comments:

Sandra said...

Aren't they just the BEST muffins ever.

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

They look and sound wonderful!! I'm gonna have to try them!!

Julie