Monday, October 1, 2007

Menu Plan Monday....


Last Monday I woke up and was not feeling well. I ended up going to the doctor later in the week because I was not getting any better. Turns out, I had bronchitis!! They gave me a breathing treatment at the office and sent me home with an inhaler, antibiotics, and cough syrup with codeine to help me sleep (I went 3 nights with next to no sleep!!). I am feeling much better!! So, considering all that, I think I did pretty well with my meals last week. I do have two carryover meals. I have planned several weeks of meals and I am trying really hard to use what I have on hand and keep the purchasing down to a minimum. Each week there are only a few items that I need to purchase. It seems we have a hobby of grocery shopping and our cabinets and freezers are overflowing. We also eat out WAY too often. We've been doing better, but this weekend we ate out every day!! That has to stop. We are challenging ourselves to not eat out in the month of October. I've never done this before. But, when you are thinking about going out and there is honestly no place that really sounds good and no food you are really craving....it could be a sign that you don't need to eat out. So, we are following that and will do our best to eat at home in October!! So, on with the menu...

This week, the only thing I have to purchase for our dinners is lettuce and tomatoes for the taco salad.

Here are the carryovers from last week:

* = new recipe

--ham and cheese stuffed manicotti, green beans, salad

--leftover chicken divan, Jasmine rice (We really liked this. I've made a very similar version for a while.)

--steaks with pepper sauce*, Jasmine rice, steamed broccoli, buttery carrots

Added on for this week:

--taco salad

--southwestern scrambled eggs, sausage, toasted English muffins

For more menu plan Monday fun, head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

15 Comments:

Anonymous said...

what a delicious meal plan. We had a lot of carryover meal this week also. Have a great Monday.

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

"But, when you are thinking about going out and there is honestly no place that really sounds good and no food you are really craving....it could be a sign that you don't need to eat out."

Well, hit me right between the eyes why don't ya! This is SO TRUE!! The Brownstone family may have to join in your October challenge.

Sorry to hear you were so sick but glad to hear you are feeling better!

Karen said...

Sounds great, glad you are feeling better!

Michelle said...

the meals all sound yummy!!!thanks for sharing.I know we eat out alot more on the weekend than during the week of course.so good luck.

Robin said...

I get so many great ideas when I read everyones menus. Taco Salad - bet you'll see that on one of my menus soon.

Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the eating out. Now that I'm planning meals, I've found that I look forward to certain meals, and they're things I'd rather eat than most of the food at restaurants! Have a healthy week and good luck with your October challenge!

Christi said...

We're also challenging ourselves not to eat out during October. Well, I'm doing it for both of us! :-)

The manicotti sounds yummy!

Talk to you soon!

Audra said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. I can't wait to hear if you reach your goal of not eating out in October. Where did you get the recipe for Ham & Cheese stuffed manicotti? And, did you send it to me already? Love ya, Aud

*if you're reading this and wondering why I sign Love ya? It's because I'm her sister.

Nicole said...

Glad you are feeling better! Great menu! Have a nice week.

Kathryn said...

Glad your feeling better. We've been under the weather as well.

Great meal plan! Have a wonderful week.

Kara said...

Mmm, your meals sound yummy. I love divan :D

Anonymous said...

It all sounds yummy! Sorry to hear you were sick last week... never fun. Your October Challenge sounds great! Good luck! :)

Sandra said...

Great looking menu, everything looks yummy!!!

Happy MPM! Hope you enjoy the Steaks with Pepper Sauce :)

Sandra

A Juggling Mum said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better :) You have some yummy food on your menu this week!

Have a great week!

Rachel xxx
A Juggling Mum

Unknown said...

Hope you feel much better soon.