Tuesday, October 9, 2007

5 years already!!


I can NOT believe that Logan is 5!! It seems like just yesterday I felt his tiny, warm, newborn body curled up next to mine!! Why does time have to go by so fast?? As we put him in be last night, I told him that I would see him in the morning and that it would be his birthday. He got out of bed several times and I asked him why he was up. He said he was excited. I asked why, expecting his answer to be that tomorrow was his birthday. NOPE!! He said he was excited about going to kindergarten. Poor guy thought that since he finally turned 5 he would get to go. Truthfully, this momma is glad that we have almost a year until that happens.

On Monday we took him to a bike store and he got to pick out his first bike. The last time we had him try a bike in the store, he kept back-pedaling and hitting the brake. He couldn't seem to get past that. Yesterday I expected more of the same when we put him on the bike to try it out. Nope....he knew exactly what to do. Of course, he does have training wheels on it, but it was his first time to ride a real bike!! I know, it may seem like we are slow, but until recently we lived in an apt. and it just wasn't easy to find places to let him ride his bike. Now that we are out of the city a bit (and in a home), we thought it was time.

I recently posted about my labor and delivery of Logan (along with newborn pictures of him). You can read and see it here!!

2 Comments:

Christi said...

I just can't believe he's 5!

I just know he is so excited about his new bike! He'll have loads of fun with it, I'm sure!

Happy Birthday, Logan!

Audra said...

I love that he thought he could finally go to kindergarten since he was 5! Wouldn't it be fun to think like a five year old for one day?