Monday, October 22, 2007

Menu Plan Monday...


Things are still going pretty well with not eating out. I did break down last Thursday and bought us lunch while I was out running errands. We were at Costco and I spent a whole $5.50 on our lunch!! This week is more of the same....trying to buy as little as possible for our dinners. We were at Mt. Vernon all day on Sunday, and then did our grocery shopping after that. We still have some leftovers to use up from last week, but I did make all the meals that I had planned....this is the 3rd week in the row!! YAY, me!!!

*=new recipe

Monday--leftovers

Tuesday--beef noodle casserole*, salad, green beans

Wednesday--Italian chicken, salad, steamed veggies, homemade old fashioned oatmeal bread*

Thursday--steaks, mashed potatoes, green beans, banana spring rolls

Friday--taco soup over fritos

Saturday--honey mustard chicken, salad, mixed veggie/rice casserole (I will use a carrot, broccoli, cauliflower mix instead of just broccoli)

For more menu plan Monday fun, head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

17 Comments:

Karen said...

Let us know how the Beef Noodle Casserole turns out, it sounds like something my boys would love! Have a great week:-)

Kacie said...

Thanks for posting the taco soup recipe--it sounds delicious. I'll probably be adding that one to my menu very soon--especially as the weather gets colder!

Jenny said...

I'd really like to try the taco soup. Sounds yummy!
Great menu!

Anonymous said...

What a delicious meal plan! I had to click on that spring roll recipe--delicious!!

Natalie said...

Sounds like a yummy week!

Anonymous said...

Yay for cheap costco food! The Italian chicken sounds yummy, and your oatmeal bread has reminded me that I want to bake bread this week too!

Michelle said...

HI Candi. do you mind if come over for the Beef Noodle Casserole??that sounds like something McKenna would love.have agreat week

Courtney said...

The homemade old fashioned oatmeal bread sounds great!

Christi said...

You're doing great! And you're almost through the month.

Everything sounds delicious this week!

KC said...

Looks like a tasty week ahead

Happy Monday

Lorie said...

I want to try the taco soup!

The Estrogen Files said...

Great looking menu! Have a wonderful week.

Heather said...

wow your menu looks great, yum. Have a great week.
I have to save the spring rollls recipe, hmm.

Anonymous said...

Way to go! You're almost there!! Your menu sounds delish... might be trying those banana spring rolls very soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great menu!!

A Juggling Mum said...

Hi, you have some great meals planned for this week :)

See you next week!

Rachel xxx
Come and visit me at my blog :)

Unknown said...

Steak and Potatoes are a perfect match. Your other recipe choices are terrific.