Monday, September 17, 2007

Menu Plan Monday--



This weekend we had a lot of fun. It was to be a high of 75 on Saturday, and I had thought about going to the D.C. Zoo. However, while browsing the internet, I found out that there was going to be an 18th century craft fair at Mt. Vernon. It was a lot of fun!! We purchased the annual pass so that we can go back more often. Really, it makes the most sense. It is only $5 more to get the annual pass. We just went in May with my sister and we should have bought them then. Not only would we have saved money, we wouldn't have had to wait in line to purchase our tickets on Saturday. But....we've got them now and we will be going back lots!! Here is a picture....I'll post more later!


Logan helping make butter



I 'm not sure what has gotten into me. I'm planning my meals, I'm just not cooking them everyday like I typically do. The good news is that we haven't gone out to eat this past week on the nights I didn't cook. We have eaten either leftovers or sandwiches, etc...

*=new recipe

Monday--sweet n spicy kielbasa, mashed sweet potatoes, corn on the cob

Tuesday----taco salad (We ended up not having this last week)

Wednesday--pasta wheels with marinara sauce, salad, green beans

Thursday--orange chicken* (I STILL haven't gotten around to trying this), Jasmine rice, stir fry veggies, store bought egg rolls

Friday--honey mustard chicken, corn on the cob, salad

Saturday/Sunday--leftovers

If you'd like to see more menus, head on over to Laura's!!

12 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything sounds delicious! I LOVE orange chicken! Have a great week!

Joyful Days said...

Everything does sound wonderful!!

Natalie said...

yummy menu!

Michelle said...

Please let us know what you thought of the orange chicken...Have a great week.

Nicole said...

Great menu! I love orange chicken too!

Bird Stalker Photography said...

I have been seeing that recipe for orange chicken everywhere, I am definately going to try it without ginger because I can't stand ginger!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

You menu sounds good!

Sandra said...

Yummy, everything sounds great :)

Heather said...

your menu looks great. Yummy. Have a great week. I still need to try the orange chicken also.

Anonymous said...

your menu sounds yummy!

Reighnie said...

I printed out your Orange chicken recipe. Hubs and I love Orange Chicken but since we've moved to another state we haven't found a good chinese food restaurant to eat at.

Thanks for sharing!

Darcy said...

I'm with the crowd here...the orange chicken sounds great! Thanks for linking to the recipe. I'm going to print it out and give it a try soon.