Monday, June 11, 2007

Menu Plan Monday



My sister and her family arrived on Friday night. I'm not sure what order we will have things. We went to Mt. Vernon on Sunday, will go to DC today to tour the Capitol and go to the Musuem of Natural History (check back later in the week for pictures!!). Not sure what else we will do yet. Here are the meals I have planned plus we will eat out one night.

Saturday--Penne a la vodka, salad, bread
Sunday--taco salad (recipe below)/crunchy or soft tacos
--Philly cheesesteaks, fries, hot dogs (for kids)
--Poppy seed chicken over rice, green beans, carrots
--sweet n spicy kielbasa, macaroni and cheese, corn
--Cheeseburger in Paradise (eat out)
--leftovers

For more menus, head over to Laura's blog!

Taco Salad..
I found this recipe in a Betty Crocker cookbook. You brown your hamburger meat (1 lb.) and add taco seasoning as directed on packet. In a med. bowl, mix 1/2 c. sour cream, 1/2 c. salsa, and one small can sliced olives (drained). Drain hamburger meat and add to sour cream mixture. Place in fridge to cool (I like to make it the day ahead). You serve this mixture cold over Fritos and top with cheese, sour cream, and salsa.

8 Comments:

Christi said...

Hello, hello!

Everything sounds great, as usual! Hope you're having a good time!

Anonymous said...

I love Philly cheesesteaks (I'm from Philly :)) your menu looks awesome this week.

MorningSong said...

Great menu!

Ghost said...

I'm going to be trying the sweet and sour kielbasa. Sounds delish.

Betsy said...

Looks great!

Annie said...

I've been wanting to try that penne recipe.
Your menu looks delicious.
Happy Monday!
♥~annie
My Life as Annie!

Sandra said...

Great menu, thanks for sharing.

There's a lot of Betty crocker recipes out today, I love it :)
♥Sandra♥

Menu Plan

Renee said...

Sounds great! Enjoy your vacation with your sister and family!