Monday, September 3, 2007

Menu Plan Monday...



Last week we tried Barb's spaghetti sauce and really loved it. We ate dinner off of it, put some in the fridge for leftovers and I froze four full quart size ziplocs with the rest. I didn't make the meatballs. I just browned some Italian sausage and we put that on top of our pasta, then covered it with sauce.....DELICIOUS!! Oh...and I put it in my crockput and let it cook on low for about 8 hours. I have a large crockpot and it was full the very brim!! Just a warning if you try this out in your crockpot...you might want to cut the recipe in half, especially if you plan on simmering meatballs in it.

We were also very busy last week. The week before, I had taken my youngest, Lucas, to his 18 month well-baby. He is small and I have been taking him monthly since his 15 month check up for weight checks. He had only gained 8 ounces in one month and they were getting concerned. Logan was also very small, but not as small as Lucas. At 17 months, Lucas was 16.5 pounds. At his 18 month well baby he was 17 pounds. They said they thought all tests would come back normal, but wanted to check to be safe. So, we drew blood and last week we found out that he had a low hemoglobin. She asked that we bring him back to the office and wanted to send him to the lab again and also get a urine sample with a catheter. We decided that if it was just a low hemoglobin, we didn't want to do more tests until trying other things first. When I took him to the office (exactly one week after his 18 month check up), he had lost that 8 ounces and was back down to 16.5 pounds. Turns out, he had WAY more stuff wrong with his blood, so we agreed to further testing. To make a long story short, we were at the doctor's office and or lab for three days in a row and I didn't get to all of our meals. We won't know any results until at least Tuesday.
We have two meals left over and I was bad this weekend and didn't plan for the rest of the week. I am not sure what order we will have things in, so here are the two carryover meals....
*= new recipe

--crock pot pork chops and potatoes (still haven't had this from two weeks ago), green beans

--orange chicken*, Jasmine rice,stir fry veggies, store bought egg rolls

I'm thinking for the other meals we will have:

--chicken salad sandwiches on homemade bread with tomatoes from the farmer's market, chips, fruit

--taco salad

--fish, cheese filled shells with sauce, bread

If you'd like to see more menus, head on over to Laura's!!

15 Comments:

Anonymous said...

yum to the orange chicken!! Great meal plan this week.

Laura said...

Oh dear, your poor little guy. Hope it's nothing serious, hang in there.

Laura

Unknown said...

I hope it all works out well with your son :) Your menu for the week looks delicious! Have a good one!

An Ordinary Mom said...

Forget meal planning, I hope your little guy is OK. Keep us posted. Hang in there!

Nicole said...

Yummm... cheese stuffed shells. :) Have a great week!

Christi said...

As always - sounds delicious!

Betsy said...

Sounds great, have a great day!

Unknown said...

Hope everything is okay w/ your little guy. Menu looks good though!

Sandra said...

Sounds really good, thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Oh that Orange Chicken sounds so yummy...I've have been having the hardest time eating meat lately but I swear this is the second thing I've seen that has made me salivate! lol!!

Anonymous said...

And also....I hate to hear that you all are going through so much with your son...all that lab work is hard and the waiting is even harder. I'll be checking back to see what the results are...in the meantime, we'll be praying for all of you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy!!
I'm praying all the test come back fine for Lucas. Some babies are just smaller, the way God intended them. I'm praying that is all it is. :)

I hope it makes you feel better if my little guy is only 20 lbs at 21 months? My 2nd daughter was equally small at the same age but now by 4 she has evened out a little better. I figure he'll do the same eventually.

God Bless!ht

God bless!

Anonymous said...

Um, I only typed 'God Bless' once and I have no idea where the 'ht' came from - crazy computers. =P Oh well, guess you needed to be blessed twice! =)

The Estrogen Files said...

Poor little man - hang in there! The menu sounds great!

Anonymous said...

Sound like a great menu.
Hope your little guy gets better.

Debbie