Sunday, July 6, 2008

Menu Plan Monday....


Last week we tried a couple of new things and loved them!!

First up, Thai peanut chicken and coconut lime rice. The rice recipe was on the bag of rice and I had wanted to try it for a while. I made a couple of changes. First off, I didn't have fresh ginger root, so I used about one teaspoon ground ginger. I also used the honey roasted peanuts I had on hand rather than buying the dry-roasted peanuts. I'll post the recipe for the rice below. This was sooo good. Both hubby and I cold have eaten just the rice!!

We also tried the pretzel dogs!! This one was a winner for sure---considering everyone in the family ate it!! They were a little time consuming, but not too bad. I'll make them again, for sure!!


This week our menu is going to look different. My husband and I are starting a new diet, so we will be trying lots of new things this week. Here is the plan:

Monday--Breakfast:2-Pepper Fritatta
Snack:Nectarine
Lunch:Chicken and peppers
Snack:almonds
Dinner:Korean Style Beef w/ Sesame Green Beans

Tuesday--Breakfast:Yogurt with Berries
Snack:apple
Lunch: leftover chicken and peppers
Snack: grapes
Dinner:meat chili

Wednesday--Breakfast: Leftover fritatta
Snack:almonds
Lunch:leftover Korean beef and green beans
Snack: orange
Dinner:Lemon Garlic Flounder w/ Greens

Thursday--Breakfast:Yogurt with peaches
Snack:grapes
Lunch:leftover chili
Snack:grapefruit
Dinner: Navy bean soup

Friday--Breakfast:Yogurt with Berries
Snack:pecans
Lunch:leftover Lemon Garlic Flounder w/ Greens
Snack:carrot sticks with almond butter
Dinner:Oregano Chicken and Mushrooms

Saturday--Breakfast:Salmon and Chive Souffle Omelet
Snack:strawberries
Lunch:leftover Navy bean soup
Snack:orange
Dinner:Salmon Wraps w/ Broccoli Soup

Sunday--Breakfast:leftover souffle
Snack:almonds
Lunch:leftover Oregano Chicken and Mushrooms
Snack:grapes
Dinner:Meat and Veggie Burger w/ Garlic Ginger Snap Peas

**************************************************

Coconut Lime Rice

1 1/2 cups Jasmine rice
1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
1 3/4 cups water
1 t. salt
grated peel of one lime

In a saucepan, bring rice, milk, water and salt to a boil over medium high heat. Stir, reduce heat to lowest setting and simmer the rice, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Stir in lime peel and serve immediately.


For more menu plan Monday fun, head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

8 Comments:

Sandra said...

YUM, great menu. Good Luck on the diet :)

Have a wonderful Monday!

♥Sandra♥

Menu Plan

Kimbers867 said...

Once you put the hotdog in the pretzel dough, how did you cook them?

They sound so yummy!!!

Christi said...

I don't know what kind of diet this is -but your menu sounds great!

Candi said...

To answer how to cook the pretzel dogs--

To answer your question about how to cook the pretzel dogs--I followed the directions for cooking the pretzels. Once I got them wrapped, I gave them a water bath (using 1 T. of baking soda for every cup of water and leaving them in for 30 seconds), shake the excess water off and bake on well greased and salted (kosher salt) pan at 475 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

Anonymous said...

Yummy menu. Thanks for sharing.

Niki Jolene said...

Good luck on the diet..stay determined! We're dieting too.

:)

Audra said...

Your menu sounds great! That rice sounds great and the pretzel dogs look so good.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I didn't get over here this week. I'm really slackin. The menu looks good. Was the Korean Beef with Sesame Green beans good? That sounds right up my alley. The Thai Peanut Chicken looks mighty tasty too. MMMMM...time to go raid the fridge.