Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Quick and Easy.....

Saturday we packed up a lunch and headed to the park for a picnic. Before leaving, I threw dinner in the crockpot. It had been a long time since I had made this and I forgot just how much I loved it. I thought I would share with you!

Super Easy Garlic Lime Crockpot Chicken

5 chicken breasts or 10-14 thighs(skin removed)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup lime juice
1T worcestershire sauce
2 garlic cloves-minced or 1t garlic powder
1/2t dry mustard
1/2t ground pepper

Place chicken in slow cooker. Combine other ingredients and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low 6-8 hours.


Lots of my spices and such are still packed and I don't want to buy more, so I opted to leave out the mustard and worcestershire sauce and it was still ultra yummy. We served this over jasmine rice and with a side of green beans. Typically I prefer breasts, but I used boneless, skinless thighs in this and it is soooo good! I made this a lot when Logan was a baby. We were super poor then and I had no other choice but use thighs. I decided to use thighs to save a little money and I think this might be one that I always use thighs with! YUM!

Since I have no picture of the meal, I offer you this picture instead. Lucas took this picture of Logan and me and I thought it turned out pretty good. I offered a little help with aiming the camera....LOL!

1 Comment:

Teri said...

Great pic & great recipe! I'll be sure to try that one...and I get scared w/ trying thighs because DH is so picky...I mean, I'm glad that he likes the healthier option (breasts), but like you said, they are more expensive. I usually stock up when they're on sale for $1.69 a pound or less!