Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Date night....

This past Friday I went out on a date with my favorite 7 year old. We went to Chili's for dessert and had a great time! We got to sit at a booth made just for two and it really made Logan smile. I had the chocolate chip paradise pie and Logan had a trio of sweet shots (key lime pie, brownie and warm cinnamon roll). After Logan finished his dessert, he came around to give me a hug. His eyes were a bit teary and I asked if he was crying. "Yes, but I'm crying because I am so happy." I must say, that made me a bit teary and pulled at my heart strings.

Logan really is a sweet boy and I have loved watching him grow up. Last night I went in to check on him before I went to bed. He was already asleep and didn't even budge as I whispered "I love you" and snuggled him for a bit.

What can I say....I love this sweet boy, missing teeth and all!

3 Comments:

Teri said...

Wow - what a sweetheart! I know you don't even want to go there, but he's going to make a wonderful hubby & daddy someday, just seeing how much he loves his mama!

Tammy said...

Awww...that is SO sweet, Candi!

Kelly said...

What an adorable little boy! And what a great idea to take him out for a treat!