Monday, April 14, 2008

Meun Plan Monday...


I've got LOTS of pictures for you this week!!

I didn't realize until after my planning that last week was heavy on the pasta side. Pasta is one thing that we all love, so it was a good week around here.

We had the artichoke tomato pasta again. We really love this pasta. It is super easy, too!


Another favorite is penne a la vodka. Only, we used Farfalle instead. Sooooo good!!


Then we had another we've tried in the past and loved...Basil chicken over Angel hair pasta, but slightly different than the recipe. I had some basil chicken patties from Costco that I used. We used them as sandwiches in the past and didn't care for them. I decided to give them a try in this pasta and it was awesome!! I add 1/2 cup of chicken broth to make a little more sauce.


I also made homemade buns and they turned out wonderful. I'm so pleased with them and they were so easy, that I'm making them again this week!


And we finally had Ree's apple dumplings. My, oh my were they good!!




*= new recipe

Monday--stuffed tilapia (from Costco deli area), artichoke tomato pasta, salad

Tuesday--New York strip* (obviously I'm using strip steak instead of flank), egg noodles, Syrian green beans, corn on the cob

Wednesday--crispy potato quiche*, salad

Thursday--beef stir fry, rice, egg rolls

Friday--buffalo chicken sandwiches with homemade buns, roasted potatoes, salad

For more menu plan Monday fun, head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

11 Comments:

A Juggling Mum said...

Great menu, everything sounds so good :) Thanks for the recipes!

Have a great week!

Rachel xxx
A Juggling Mum

PS - I have a competition running at the moment for a free blog design. If you win you can use it yourself or give it to a friend :)

Niki Jolene said...

Oooh, it all sounds yummy!

:)

Canadian Saver said...

Your menu looks great! Thanks for all the recipes and pictures!

threesidesofcrazy said...

I love all the pictures! They're making me sooooooooooo hungry! Have a good week.

Michelle said...

Hi Candi :) It all sounds so good,Sorry to hear that Logan was sick too..Thanks for the blog visit..have a great week.

Nicole said...

Omgosh! Your menu sounds sooo good! I am way too late to post my menu today. I like your idea of posting last week's with this week's menu. :) Have a good one!

Anonymous said...

Hi Candi! I really liked the buffalo chili mac! I had to make a couple of minor changes because of what we had in the pantry -- but I thought it turned out really yummy.

I'll have to stop back by when I have more than a minute to see your links for this week! Those pasta dishes looked SO good!

Sherry

Milk Mama said...

Aaaaaaaaaah! No! I'm watching the Biggest Loser as we speak! It's only 9 here. Wah! Now I know the results won't be good. I won't tell my MIL who is watching it too! :(
I made those apple dumplings at Easter! Ree is amazing. Those dumplings are so easy and soooooo yummy! *drool*

louise said...

Thanks for stopping by...Your menu looks yummy - so many recipes! I love pasta and the bread look scrumptious!

Louise

Samantha said...

i have been eyeing your artichoke pasta dish for a few days now.....so be honest, do the artichokes taste or feel slimy? i have never had one, ecept i accidentally picked up a bottle of pickled ones and they were beyond nasty! the rest of the dish looks so yummy i want to try it.

Candi said...

Well, Samantha, I like artichokes. I bought the kind in the jar (with oil and spices--maybe they are pickled)---they do feel super slimy in that form, but in this dish, they don't seem slimy to me. I think the sauce helps with that. We really love it!