Monday, February 25, 2008

Menu Plan Monday...


Ahhhh. A new week!! Hopefully I can get back on track this week!! Last week I didn't even post a menu--that is so unlike me!! However, I got food poisoning and was very sick. Food did NOT sound good, even once I was feeling a little better, I didn't want to plan what we would eat. Now, I'm better and back to planning!

So, here are a few updates from the last couple of weeks on new things we tried.

The swiss steak turned out pretty good!! I was too lazy to remove the meat and veggies at the end and add flour to thicken the sauce, but it was still very good. I served it with noodles, but I think that since I didn't thicken the sauce, it would have been great with brown rice. We'll have it again, for sure! (Sorry, I didn't get a picture of it.)

The almond chicken dijon and macaroni and cheese also turned out pretty good. Unfortunately for this meal, I got sick the day after I made it (not from it) and it just didn't sound good anymore. Good thing Logan and hubby were happy to eat the leftovers!!



I have already mentioned that I made and we loved Nicole's rice. Well, last week I also made up some of the enchiladas that she has posted with the rice recipe. They are SUPER yummy!!! I made two pans, so we are having them again this week!! You have to try them!! As I said before about the rice, I use one 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes in place of the tomato sauce and I just sprinkle in some ground cumin, as I don't have the seeds. YUM!!


Now---on to this week!

*=new recipe

Monday--??--->I have a doctor's appointment in the AM, then we will pick hubby up from work and have several things to do. May just pick something up while we are out

Tuesday--cheese enchiladas, rice, beans--->Lucas turns 2!!! Happy Birthday sweet boy!! (check back on Tuesday for the videos I'm working on for his birthday!!)

Wednesday--pecan chicken, brown rice, steamed veggies

Thursday--Indian tacos*

Friday--Philly cheese steaks, tater tots (for the boys), salad



For more menu plan Monday fun, head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

8 Comments:

Laura said...

I've bookmarked the almond chicken, sounds yummy. Happy Birthday to your little guy, mine just turned two last November. So fun!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to the young man!!! it all sounds so good as always and will be back on Tuesday to see the videos ;=) I'm sorry that you got food poisoning.have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Your menu looks really good, I bookmarked the Indian Tacos! Happy birthday to your son too =)

Anonymous said...

Will be trying the chees enchildas, I love them and look pretty easy to make. I hope you have a better week this week.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh. Food poisoning is so awful; I hope you are well soon!

OK those Indian Tacos... I LOVE IT!! It isn't so often that you see a really creative, new idea that a family would really eat.

Nicole said...

Omgosh, those Indian tacos look sooo good! Once we get settled I'll have to try them. Im glad you guys like the enchiladas. Were they easy to make for you?

PS- I hope you get to feeling better soon. Food poisoning is the worst!

Spike said...

Oh thanks for bringing back the memories. Indian Tacos...yum!!
When I was in University my summer job was working at an historic Whiskey trading post doing living history. We often make Indian Tacos for staff get togethers. Hmmmm! I am thinking I might have to put this on the menu for next week...great memories for hubby(we started dating at this job) and something new for DD.

Audra said...

Sounds great, I'm glad you're feeling better.

Love ya, Aud