Monday, February 11, 2008

Menu Plan Monday...


I can't believe it is Monday already. The weekend went by WAY too fast!! Last week I pretty much used only things we had on hand, aside from some fresh produce, and we are continuing that this week. Last week I made everything on the plan!!

Last week we tried the pretzel crusted chicken with cheddar mustard sauce. I really, really liked it! It does sound a bit strange with the onion and the sliced pickle (I used dill relish), but it was very, very good--and I typically don't like raw onion. I found that the blender worked really well for grinding up the pretzels. I used this mustard and used 3 T. instead of 2. I think it made the cheese sauce better. This will be a repeat in our house!!


*=new recipe
Monday--Swiss steak*, noodles, steamed Normandy veggies

Tuesday--almond chicken dijon*, macaroni and cheese with tomatoes* (just adding a can of drained diced tomatoes to it), green beans, garlic bread

Wednesday--burgers, salad, sweet potato fries

Thursday--pulled pork/steak tostadas (pork for me, steak for hubby--->I have corn tortillas to use up), rice and beans

Friday--Italian chicken, cheesy smashed potatoes*, salad

So, my shopping list for this week is very small--lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, and sour cream.


For more menu plan Monday fun, head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

9 Comments:

Sandra said...

Yum, that chicken looks sooo good. Hope you enjoy the Swiss Steak too :)

Bella @ Lil Daisies said...

Great job on having a short shopping list!

Happy Valentines Week!

Blessings,
Bella

Bonnie said...

That chicken looks tasty !

Christi said...

Sounds yummy!

Cynthia Matzat said...

Your menu looks great. I added the almond chicken dijon to my list of things to try. Thanks for sharing.

Cynthia - What's for Dinner?

Nicole said...

Yumm... your menu sounds delish this week!

Anonymous said...

I am always up for burgers and fries!

Connie said...

Everything looks soooo great!

Have a wonderful week!

Michelle said...

I really must try the pecan crusted chicken!!!Thanks for sharing Candi :-) thanks for the blog visit as well.have a great week..