Monday, November 26, 2007

Menu Plan Monday


This week my menu is not going to be very exciting. Since it was just us for Thanksgiving, we still have lots of leftovers, and we ate out one day last week. So, lots of carry over meals and leftovers.

Last week we tried Cheesy tater soup and sausage and cheese muffins--I found both on Windows Wide Open. They were both very good. I've tried a similar soup recipe before and loved it. What I like about this soup is that the other one called for all milk. This soup calls for milk and chicken broth. Using the broth gave it a great flavor and I am sure it cut down on some of the calories. A yummy soup for a cold day!!

~~Also, be sure to check out my 100th post for a give away of a few of my favorite things.~~

*= new recipe
Monday--Thanksgiving leftovers
Tuesday--leftover potato soup and sausage cheese muffins
Wednesday--homemade corn dogs* and tater tots
Thursday--oven fried chimis *(I'll use some leftover shredded beef from the freezer), Spanish rice, refried beans
Friday--Maid-rites* (similar to sloppy joes)--thanks for the recipe, Marla, and tater tots

For more menu plan Monday fun, head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Great menu! The chimis sounds delicious!!!

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

My kids would love those home-made corn dogs. We may have to try those.

Nicole said...

Great menu! I've made those oven baked chimis before and they are delish! :)

Michelle said...

oh the chimis sound very interesting ;=)thanks for sharing that.have a great week.

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Okay, so while I don't like corn dogs, I have to admit that I never would have even fathomed being able to homemake them. Huh. Guess you learn something new everyday. LOL

Unknown said...

Looks like a family friendly menu plan this week.
You have a great week.

Natalie said...

We're stuck with lots of leftover turkey too. Oh boy! LOL! Have a great week...the chimis sound awesome!

Trina said...

Your menu sounds yummy! I too will have to try the homemade corn dogs. Have a blessed week!

teachermomof2 said...

Your menu sounds great! I will have to try the chimis!

Lisa

Kara said...

Mmm, chimis! Haven't had that in ages. Great menu

lori said...

homemade corn dogs...now my people would LOVE that!!

may have to try those!!
have a great week!
lori