Monday, November 12, 2007

Menu Plan Monday...


In case you missed it last week, be sure to check here for the results from my October Challenge!!

Not much new going on here this week. Both boys and hubby are sick with colds. So far I haven't got it...knocking on wood and crossing my fingers ;-).
We did get a couple of projects done around here over the weekend and I have a pile of stuff to donate and another to put in storage. That feels good. The best thing is that I reclaimed (or I should probably say claimed) my coat closet. It had been a catch all since we moved in and I got it all organized over the weekend....just in time to hang some coats in it for the cold weather. YAY me!!
*=new recipe

  • Sunday--leftovers
  • Monday--Southwest pork roast, rice pilaf, peas/carrots
  • Tuesday--coconut chicken (we've had this before and LOVE it!!), Jasmine rice, steamed veggies
  • Wednesday--meatballs stroganoff with noodles, corn, green beans
  • Thursday--homemade corn dogs* and roasted potatoes
  • Friday--oven fried chimis *(I'll use some leftover shredded beef from the freezer), Spanish rice, refried beans
  • Saturday--leftovers



For more menu plan Monday fun, head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

19 Comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

That Coconut Chicken sounds good.

I hope everyone starts feeling better soon and that you don't get sick.

Natalie said...

I just wrote down that coconut chicken recipe. I'll definitely have to make it sometime. :) Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Anonymous said...

ooh, my kids love corn dogs!! I must try that one. Great meal plan for this week!

Natalie said...

Here's the link to my sweet pork recipe...well, not mine, but my post. LOL! Sweet Pork. We initially used this for burritos, but it made a lot so we froze some that we'll use this week and we also used the leftover in nachos by putting the pork on tortilla chips then topping with cheese, salsa, sour cream. :)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to make those corn dogs, I don't know WHY but I've never tho't of that! I know they've got to be much better than the nasty-for-ya store ones lol.

Great plan, thanks for sharing :)

~~

MrsMomma said...

Aww, I hope all your sick ones feel better soon. It seems like several families in Bloggy Land have gotten colds. :(

Your menu sounds great! I'm bookmarking the Coconut Chicken. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
-Heather

Christi said...

Sounds yummy, yummy!

Congrats on getting that coat closet under control!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good week. The Coconut chicken looks interesting. Thanks for sharing!


MJ

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

The coconut chicken sounds awesome! I'm going to have to take that one!

Heather said...

Great job getting organized, I need to do that with my scrap area, yea right like I can get rid of anything, who am I kidding,lol.
Your menu looks great this week. Hope you don't get sick.

Nicole said...

Yumm! Oven fried chimis look really good. :)

OMH said...

I had a home made corn dog recipe when my children were YOUNG that called for malt o meal......did you know if you grab chocolate malt o meal instead of regular your corn dogs taste awful! (Even the kids wouldn't eat the chocolate corn dogs :) - go figure)

let us know if you like the recipe - I may give it another shot.

Anonymous said...

Oven fried Chimis?! Woo! Excellent! Thanks for sharing.

angelaskitchen.com

Michelle said...

I too like the sound of the coconut chicken yum,Hope everyone gets better soon.have a good week.

Rebecca Johnson said...

I'm grabbing that Coconut Chicken recipe for my menu this week too. I am way behind on making my menu and am planning to grab some from here and there. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Good looking menu!!

Gretchen said...

So, when's dinner?! I'm copying that Coconut Chicken recipe down... AND the Corn Dog one. Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting me on my blog AND thanks for the heads up that two of my recipe links were not working! I fixed them now ;)

~~Hope your family is feeling better today :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate it. It was my only comment this week, as my grandma passed away. Thank you so much