Friday, May 18, 2007

Logan's eye owie...

For some reason or another, Logan was very clumsy yesterday! He fell down the staris twice and once while going up the stairs. Thankfully, he was near the bottom each time, but he still hurt himself. The first time he fell, he was on his way down to the basement to get his cup to be refilled. I heard him fall and rushed to see if he was okay. He was crying, but not too bad, and I asked him where he hit. He said the floor...yes, but where did you hit yourself. "Lots of places". And he did...he has a small bruise on his cheek, on his forehead and his leg. He seemed fine after a few mintues of kisses and snuggles.
Later when Daddy was home, he had been down in the basement cleaning up his toys in the playroom. Daddy went down to inspect and Logan spotted a toy that was still out. He tried to beat Daddy down the stairs and fell once again. This time he hit his face on his Step 2 Kitchen. All seemed fine until later. He kept complaining about his eye. When I looked at it more closely, it was very red. He would grab it and cry and then be fine for a bit and later grab it and cry. I told him if it still hurt this morning we would take him to the doctor.
Sure enough, it was still hurting and red, so I called his doctor. I took him in to have it checked and it turns out he has two small corneal abrasions. They put some special drops in his eye (that stained him orange) and used a black light to see if there were any tears. Logan thought it was pretty cool until they had to fight him to get the drops in his eye. Of course, his super long lashes didn't make it easy for them...LOL! Anyway, I have some antibiotics to put in his eye and we will go back on Monday to check that it has healed properly.

5 Comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh no! Poor baby. That happened to my brother when he was little. All will be ok! I am getting over PINK EYE myself right now!! AH!

Steph

Elizabeth said...

Oh, what an experience! May God continue to bring healing to Logan and comfort for you.

Audra said...

What, no patch? At least for a four year old it would have been like a pirate! Arrrrgh Logan! Hope he feels better soon.

Candi said...

The doc said that since Logan didn't seem to be complaining about his eye too much he wouldn't need the patch. If I look closely at his eye, I can see the scratch on it.

I've done this to myself once and it is very painful. Thankfully, it heals very quickly!!

Christi said...

Ouch!

I'm glad you took him to the doctor!