Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Picky?

Can it be that my (once?) picky eater happily ate sushi at dinner on Sunday?

We went to Wegman's to eat and I had sushi. Logan kept asking to try it and I kept saying no. Finally I let him try it and he said he liked it. He will often say he likes something when he doesn't because he says he doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Well, when I announced that I was done he said, "Yay! That means I can eat it!". I handed it over and he happily ate the sushi that I didn't want.
Shaine and I sat and watched in awe as he happily ate the sushi. Did I mention that it had roe...aka fish eggs on it? Seriously, what 6 year old eats this stuff? Apparently mine does!

4 Comments:

Tammy said...

It's sooooooo nice when they outgrow that picky eater stage. :)

Candi said...

It certainly is, Tammy. Last night he ate chicken shawarma and loved it!

Hazel Nut said...

My 8 yr old loves sushi too! And he is such a picky eatier, I wonder what it is about sushi that makes kids want it? Really, for my son it was the movie Short Circuit...but he actually like it when he tried it :)

I also have to say, you are so luck to have Wegman's, I think I am too far south for Wegman''s. I grew up in western NY with huge awesome Wegman's stores, and I since moving away I have never seen a store anything close to it.

Candi said...

Lisa, the Wegmans is new. I think they are slowly branching out, because several new ones are opening up in the DC area. I must say I love it! It is easy to buy more than intended while in there.