Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lately...

Lately, there is something that has been really bothering me. While waiting at red lights, I notice the pile up of cigarette butts along the curb. It is NASTY! So, lately, it has really been irritating me when I see someone carelessly flick their butt out their window. Why do that? The strange thing is these same people would likely not throw a piece of trash out of their window, because that is littering.

Image courtesy of Bob_2006 on flickr.

Lately, I've been very tempted to run up to someone that I see flick their butt on the ground and tell them that they dropped something, while offering their butt back to them. Do you think they would be amused? Seriously, I don't know why, but it is really bothering me and I'm almost to that point. Matter of fact, while stopped at red lights lately, I've hoped that someone would be right next to me when they do it so that I can casually roll my window down and kindly inform them that they dropped something. I've just about got the nerve up to do it.

I even found a website: SeeNoButts.com. It's purpose is to educate that the Earth is not an ash tray! One would think that is common sense, but no. The butts are more than an eyesore, too.

I'm pretty certain the saying is "the world is your oyster", not the world is your ashtray! I think I might just get a bumper sticker that says that and I'm not even the bumper sticker type! Maybe I will even make up some "No butt littering signs" and place them at nearby intersections. Heck! Maybe I should plant myself a Buttanical Garden! It is just something that I've been thinking about lately.

4 Comments:

Christi said...

Candi, LOL - this is one of my petpeeves as well, although here we don't see them so much on the road (I'm sure they are there, just can't see 'em). But I HATE when someone smokes at my house & throws them down in the yard or driveway!!

Teri said...

Smoking is nasty & butts are one of my huge pet-peeves, too! I can't believe ppl still smoke knowing everything we know...

Tammy said...

AMEN! ;)

What I also hate is when my next door neighbors smoke and then throw their butts into my driveway!

Candi said...

Tammy, I agree. We are in a townhouse, so when others smoke and flick their butt toward my house, it usually ends up in my yard or flower bed. One day I actually saw my mulch smoking!! People have no common sense!